Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HomerTTR

UT2003 (and other games) Freeze problems

Hi

I'm having trouble with my brand new config : when I play games, my computer freezes a few minutes later and I have to reboot manually.

I have the 40.72 NVidia drivers installed.

Thanks alot for your help.

My config :

Pentium 4 2.4B - Asus P4PE - 512 Mo DDR PC2700

Leadtek WinFast Ti4200 64Mo

Sound Blaster Live! Player

Tekram SCSI DC390U2W

No, I didn't, but all the fans are running OK.

This is a fully new config (I bought it one week ago) and not overclocked.

Can this be a soundcard problem, as I have two sound devices in my system ? (the SBLive! ans the SoundMax chip on the motherboard)

I doubt the sound card is the problem but it would be a good idea to disable one. Update your SB Live drivers, the ones on Creative's site are really good and fix a bunch of 2K/XP problems.

Install your latest motherboard drivers, DX8.1, run CHKDSK for possible problems, make sure your SCSI setup is properly terminated.

I already tried to disable one soundcard or the other, without success, and I have the latest Creative drivers.

Thanks anyway for your ideas.

I did not install the chipset driver, I'll try this.

By the way, is it necessary to install DirectX 8.1 with WinXP Service Pack 1 ??

Quote:

I did not install the chipset driver, I'll try this.

Tried that finally, but doesn't solve my problem either frown

did you try using 3082 drivers?

i have the same graphics card and been using 30.82 (and no other Leadtek stuff) and UT2003 is fine.

got a diff system though

kt3 ultra

XP1800

pc2700

audigy

winxp sp1

leadtek ti4200 64mb

Actually, I unplugged my Creative SBLive! sound card and uninstalled the Creative drivers (which were the lastest ones). Went back to the sound chip included on my MB, and the problem seems to be solved.

Is there any known incompatibility with the Creative Sound Blaster Live! Player and Asus P4 motherboard or Leadtek GF4 graphics cards ??

If the SB Live seems like the problem, then perhaps a motherboard BIOS update could resolve the problem. Check Asus's website for any updates for your motherboard that might address your SB Live problems.

Also there is a BIOS option on some motherboards called "Memory Hole 15M-16M" enabling this has known to fix some sound card issues.