Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

FPS: Best Single Player Campaign?

My vote would have to go to the System Shock series. I know they were looked at as both FPS and RPG but they were bad ass

Jedi Knight - Dark Forces 2

Deus Ex

Medal of Honor - Allied Assault

Return To Castle Wolfenstein

Heretic

But hey I still like those "other" games like Quake, Serious Sam, Kingpin, Doom, etc.

Pmistry, since you enjoyed MOH:AA, I thought I'd let you know that there's a demo available for the missionpack, Spearhead. It plays great. You can get it from FilePlanet.

Aliens versus Preadator Gold

JK2

Thief 1+2

Deus EX

MoHAA

Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe

just wondering what kinda changes will be made to this list when Thief3, Deus Ex2, Hidden and Dangerous 2, MoH:Spearhead and Knights of the Old Republic come out. Heh heh, we're in for a treat,people laugh

Quote:
Pmistry, since you enjoyed MOH:AA, I thought I'd let you know that there's a demo available for the missionpack, Spearhead. It plays great. You can get it from FilePlanet.

Yeah I have been eagerly awaiting for that expansion. Thanks for the heads up on that Adam, downloading now...

MOH:AA is probably the best FPS I've played in a long time.....

Spearhead demo is good....I can't wait for it to be released tomorrow laugh

It is my fave of all time....I hated Half-Life..........

And I'm probably the only person on the planet that loved RTCW SP. Not as good as MOH:AA, but close....

Hey I mentioned that I liked RTCW Single Player. In fact I didn't like the multiplayer aspect of it, no free for all.

Adam, I gave the Spearhead demo a whirl and it was good. I liked the new maps. I am eagerly awaiting the SP portion of this pack.

There's a video floating about the internet that shows Halo vehicles flying from explosions. I recently saw a similar video with Battlefield 1942, and the more I think about it, they're really quite similar, in a good way. I initially didn't care for BF:1942, but I gave it a second chance, and it's a very different online multiplayer game, that's definately worth a look. Sorry to get off-topic there.

BF1942 owns my soul!

tho i guess it falls under the catagory fps/sim/arcade?

Its different.

a friend of mine was complaining about how it was just a vehicle game, and how you only run around to get into vehicles, saying there was no strategy...

so, i invited him over and played three games straight, never getting into a vehicle once, and i still topped the list in all three games for points and killz.

thats part of why this game is soooo cool, you can play it any way you see fit to get the job done.

Don't have to drive that tank. Aint gotta fly dat plane. You CAN stay on foot and still KICK @SS.

forgot to add:

bf1942 is basically mohaa with vehicles.

i love mohaa... but i down't think i can go back to it now...

I'd keep looking around for my Tiger, or my Zero...

#1, System Shock 2.

a close second: DX.

Those two are both better than half life, IMO.

Possible future additions: Unreal II, and DX II.

Hmmmmm... best single player campaign you say...

1.Deus Ex

2.Half-Life

3.Halo

4.Blood

5.Thief 2

while I'm at it, best online/multi-player FPS'

1.UT 2004

2.BF 1942

3.UT 99

4.Halo

5.Counter Strike (every version!)