Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ace

Virus jdbgmgr.exe

Ok people I got an e-mail from my friend saying that jdbgmgr.exe is a virus and cannot be detected by Norton or McAfee. It sits in your computer for 14 days before damaging your system and has a teddy bear on it as an icon. So all ya gotta do is search for it using seach on your hard drive then you go edit select all and delete. Now obviously you think "I'M SAVED" but for some reason on my computer it seems to dupilcate itself each time I delete it. I delete it goes into the recycle bin, I empty it and I search for it again, I find it. So anyone got the virus and can help me? I'm running Windows 2000, Service Pack 3 but I don't think that really matters.

This was actually really funny laugh

Last place i worked had this, and its suprising how quicky ppl delete it and then tell there workmates to delete it smile I think it must have been 100+ ppl in the end frown

They felt pretty stupid though when someone told them it was a hoax laugh

I've lost count of the number of times I have told people that this thing is a hoax. But users being users don't often bother remembering what they've been told, or reading their emails, and they delete the file.

We just laugh and point at them.

That starts getting the message over that they hsould pay more attention smile