Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lotus

Scheduled Tasks - Could not start

Recently, I noticed that all of my scheduled tasks have "could not start" under the status column.

I created a new task for one of my backups, and that one works fine, but all my others still won't start. If I right click one and select run, nothing happens.

Now, I could easily make new tasks for the things I need, but I am eager to find out what happened or how I can fix it.

All of the tasks are "enabled" by the way wink

Check your application and system logs, but I bet that the credentials are no longer valid. Have you changed the password on the backup account recently? Do you *have* a separate backup account, and not bind that job to your own (or admin) account? That's usually the issue I have seen causing that problem.

If I create a backup account, will it still back up even when I am not logged into it? Or do I have to switch to the backup account when I leave for the day?

You can just have the job run automagically as your backup account, or setup the scheduler service to run under that account in the services panel. It will not even need you to be logged in to run.