Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atreyu

NTCompatible Pop Ups

I know everybody likes to make money, but I must say... the NTCompatible pop-ups are getting pretty darn annoying. It was nice to be able to come here and get what I need, and offer help to others, withoug corporate America plastered all over my desktop. Seems anymore you can't visit a site anywhere without seeing that damned miniature camera or information on some exotic vacation... I never thought it would infest NTCompatible.

Aside from that, this is still a great forum and place for NT-related information. Also, while it's a change, I dig the new layout. I can see how you are trying to make LinuxCompatible.org and NTCompatible.com look and feel very similar.

Oh well... I guess if it were me, I'd prolly throw pop-ups in there to make the extra $$$, so I can't complain too much.

I've noticed that if you leave the pop-up window open (usually Smart Certify here) that you will not get more pop-ups... Hope I'm not cheating Phillip out of any money with that tip?!

Pop-ups? Oh wait, lemme turn off ad-blocking here...

Yep, there they are!

8)

Yeah, I use ad-blocking software occasionally too... it's getting to that point where if you don't use it you're doomed. The only problem with those are that if you click on a link that opens a new window, it blocks those new windows too, even though you may actually want to see them.

My solution would be to ban pup up advertising, PERIOD. If you are using Nutscrape (Netscape), you can turn off javascript which disables most pop-ups... I don't think you can do that with IE.

Unfortunately, Philipp requested that there would be no popup BS in his advertising, but they still get sent to him anyway. This isn't intentional.

Thank god for the windows hosts file wink that dragster sound was getting annoying as well frown