Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

ATI may have leaked Doom 3 *RUMOUR*

http://frenchfragfactory.net/news.shtml?pwrfilter=Doom3

Quote:
Xian> ATI leaked it oh we will. We are hoping our rep gets fired. John sent them a flame mail yesterday basically saying "This has hurt our relationship" haha, no not really they sent us a development laptop with a full build of Unreal Warfare on it yep Well, we deleted it that's a whole can of worms we don't want to get into yeah, well, ATI has clearly violated our NDA we thought about that. but, no ATI is on our ****list righ tnow we are not dealing with them until further notice no, it's not public chiQ We know ATI leaked it. We watermark all releases Squiggle: ATI has a relaxed policy about pre-release software. Remeber, they gave us a laptop that had Unreal Warfare loaded on it 3 months ago They don't seem to care about strict enforcement of NDA's on a positive note, people seem to *REALLY LIKE* the leaked ***"

Yes, try reading the FAQs posted all over the internet... Really, you have to use the console commands, the user interface is 'broken' per say.

FYI, from what I've read on the 'net, the leaked (0.02 Alpha) version was completly stripped of any processor/gpu instruction set enhancements. I honestly don't know how reliable this is, but it made me feel a little bit better, after getting 20-25 FPS on my P4 2.26 with a Geforce4 Ti4400. Supposedly, if this was indeed leaked by ATI, they requested a build without any enhancements to test some aspects of their cards.