Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tuneS

Will a AMD Athlon XP 2200+ work in a Asus A7V133-C (KT133A)?

I have this doubt: will the Athlon XP Thoroughbred @ 1800 MHz work in this particular motherboard? Sandra 2002 reports that this board should theoretically be compatible with 1.8 GHz processors. The board revision number is 1.05 (compatible with Athlon XP) and the BIOS version is 1009.

I learned in www.asuscom.de that A7V133-C boards rev 1.05. are compatible with Thoroughbred processors, freq. range 1700+ to 2200+. Now the question is: how to select the 13,5x FSB multiplication (only have 12x, 12.5x and 14x in BIOS settings)?

Are you saying that the mobo auto-detects the CPU Frequency and Multiplier? That would make things a lot easier. laugh

Yes.... generally the board autodetects the cpu frequency, multiplier, front side bus, and core voltage. There can be exceptions, of course, but generally the bios selects the correct values.

You are right. In my current configuration, for instance, I have to manually select the fsb and multiplier. My only guidance was the information printed on the top of the cpu (Athlon TB 1200 model C). I guess it isn't locked, because I have once selected 1333 MHz (10*133), and in another occasion I tried 1200 (12*100) with no problems.