Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DragonZeal

Which operating system for my system?

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

In all honesty, either one will probably be just fine, it's a matter of preferance. As I mentioned to another user a while back, if you have to purchase either one, I would get XP simply because it will be supported longer. If you already have one of the operating systems, I would use that.

Quote:
From my experiences alone, the Audigy drivers have compatibility issues with XP...

I haven't had any probs with my Audigy & XP, infact I got it to get rid of the probs I had with my previous soundcard, a Sonic Vortex 2.

However, having said that, I have heard that there are sometimes issues with the KR7A & the Audigy. :shrug:

Solaris - you can get it free for personal use apparently.

Well I used to have a free version 7!!!

It's a fine challenge and is compatible with stuff.

Hey dragon not to share your thread but I was wondering the same about my situation. I will also be playing alot of games, dvds etc on my system. I own both win2k pro and winXP pro. Which do you guys feel I would be more happy with. Thx

Quote:
From my experiences alone, the Audigy drivers have compatibility issues with XP...

i have installed a hundered of them, i got one for my brother too, never had any problems.

Quote:
Hey dragon not to share your thread but I was wondering the same about my situation. I will also be playing alot of games, dvds etc on my system. I own both win2k pro and winXP pro. Which do you guys feel I would be more happy with. Thx

I like XP better because it is more flexible taht 2k (with my favorite "msconfig" at least). they are both good OS's but you know!!! XP is supported a lottle better now and i had some Video capturing problems when i used 2k on my system (Video for windows not supported under 2k)
for me XP is the best. (gaming, work, internet, dvd, a lot of video editing)

I agree with you, Pr-Man, for now. However, XP will be supported after 2k is no longer supported, provided Microsoft's product life expectancy tables remain unchanged.