Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pmistry

Internet Explorer 7.0

If that becomes the case, then I will no question switch to a different browser, most likely NS 7.

Francis

Actually, I thought that the switch to MSN Explorer (Exploder... Heh heh) was going to happen after IE 7... I thought 7 was going to be the last version.

well, its still dumb, i like Mozilla though too, Nescape kinda blows, here's a tip, when NS7 asks your age, say 13 or younger, this will stop most of the spam and other Netscape crap.

I like NS7. I only keep IE around as the OS kinda needs it and a website I have to use for school is pretty picky about what browser you use.

Since picking up Mozilla 1.1 a couple of months ago, I have become very fond of the package.

The Refined version of Netscape?

Well on the homepage they have a link to Phoenix 0.4 (Oceano) The refined or Mozilla without the Fat, they claim... anyway based on Mozilla.

Anyone given it a shot, looks kinda promising, i'll give it a few more builds before I d/l & ins.

Cheers.

Mozilla sucks.

I actually like MSN 8, dont need to use Office XP as much , and comes with freee money plus, another program I dont have to pay for.

Mozilla like most Open Source Software is just plain Dull.

Quote:
Mozilla sucks.

I actually like MSN 8, dont need to use Office XP as much , and comes with freee money plus, another program I dont have to pay for.

Mozilla like most Open Source Software is just plain Dull.

hmmm... well thats a bit harsh...
C'mon, dull.. with THAT splash screen? :P

I like the no frills approach of Open Source software, but most users want the interface to be eye pleasing.

Mozilla developers need to learn what marketing is all about.

Give something that pleases the mass market, and gives power users what they want as well.

The latter is the case here thats why the open source commmnity will never blossom in its current state. They cater too much to power users, and not the majority of PC users in general.

The best quote I ever heard was from the Movie "Pirates of Silicon Valley"

Steve Jobs says to Bill Gates"Our Stuff is better then yours"

Bill Gates "It doesn't matter"

IN the end is doesn't matter how technically superior a product is.

Konqueror is awesome! I run it in Debian at work and home, although I had to install RedHat8 on my new system (ASUS P4PE with 2.4@2.7GHz) because I had some issues getting Debian to play nice with my GF4 and my SB Audigy. However, RH8 doesn't take issue with either. In any case, since I am now using RH again I have been working with Mozilla, and it's OK, just not as fast as Konqueror.

god MSN explorer!!

i migth as well go and get AOL as my provider and use their ugly browser - it is just as bad!

Mozilla!! here i come!

Not sure if anyone mentioned this or not, but I'm about 95% sure I read somewhere a while back that MSFT had no plans of making IE 7.x, that the next Windows browser would be based off of MSN Explorer.

I am into pheonix now.

I still use IE on my laptop pretty often because my touchpad integrates with it. I can drag my finger from the top middle to the top left to go back a page or to the top right to go forward a page. Really great timesaving feature. I havn't checked for a phoenix extension that does the same thing.

Right now I am using the 0.5 build. I hear the mid to late march builds are great. I didn't find out about this until after I downloaded te 6MB file over dial-up. I'll upgrade it soon though.

I really like phoenix as of now. The prefs file is a little intimi[censored] but I have only had the program four a couple of days so I havn't looked to closely at it. The first time it blocked a popup was great. I also really like the option to right click images and choose to block all images from the originating site. I hear it downloads the images anyway which kind of defeats the purpose. I assume that will be fixed in the future.

Has Netscape become able to deal with the occasional sites, filenames where someone has used a space in the name?

With so many MS based websites out there now, it appears that many people forget about the "space".

Don't have any off hand unfortunately.

We don't use NetScape at work and I just use IE at home. I just remember from my uni days that if any lecturer had forgotten to remove the spaces from files, notes etc, Netscape could not download them, unless the page coder has replaced the space with %20.