Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
leyacop

2 screens with xp

hi ! in fact i got 2 troubles ! 1/ i'm not able 2 find correct driver for the Diamond Mulitmedia S3 Trio64V+ for XP. 2/ how to configure it without the Windows Online Help ? Many thanks for coming answers. Leyacop

From memory, any of the Trio series will not work as the secondary monitor in XP or 2k.

Not sure if it will go primary, but I know that it will not work as secondary.

Your best bet is to pick up an old Matrox Millennium for about $10US as these cards always work, but ditch the S3.

My work machine uses a low profile Raedon VE 32mb and that is really nice for dualling it up.

Quote:
Buy an Nvidia card. You'll be set.

Yea sure, but for a dual monitor you pay a good $200++
Even if you pickup a cheap Radeon VE for less than $100 CDN you can throw any S3 product away for good.

i have had so much problems with this S3 cards (Savage 4, 2k, etc.) that i'm sick of all S3 products. for some reasons they gave up on making new drivers too!!!!

one more thing!! good luck if you have an integrated VGA or you have it on a labtop. you are stock with it forever!!!! frown

Quote:
one more thing!! good luck if you have an integrated VGA or you have it on a labtop. you are stock with it forever!!!! frown

If you have a good desktop motherboard with intergrated video, often times you can either:

A. Disable onboard video
B. Use onboard video for a second monitor

Food for thought.

Quote:

If you have a good desktop motherboard with intergrated video, often times you can either:

A. Disable onboard video
B. Use onboard video for a second monitor

Food for thought.

no offence, but name a GOOD, (in terms of quality and reliability) motherboard that came with S3 graphics on board (exclude compaq AMD labtops, and PII and older motherboards)

Well, S3 is not the best anyway. However, Asus, with any Intel chipset 8xx is just fine. Not bad, not great for gaming, but not bad at all.