Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sadashi

cmos error

hi there!

can anyone,someone, PLEAAASE help me out here!

so everytime i boot my system i get the same cmos cheksum error...

when i press continue xp loads but when i go into my bios setup and try to change the settings it doesnt change anything at all! cuz when i restart i get the same error...

does anyone have any idea??

i've tried another mainboard...two other cmos batteries...but still nothing!

oh yea also when i put in a startup disk i get an I/O error...blablabla..

so i can't flash bios cuz my floppy doesnt work!!

Anyone....please???

thnx anyway!

Get a new floppy drive and flash it, or boot from a 98 cdrom, and the use the dos prompt,

or burn the flash file to a cd and then put the cd in when u are at the does prompt from the 98cd.

seems u have a faulty bios, flash it, if it does not work, faulty motherboard then, get ur mainboard replaced in that case.

thnx 4 reply!

yea the bios is faulty for sure but the problem is i cant get into dos

cuz my floppy drive all of a sudden stopped working!!

i get the "I/O error remove disk and press any key"-error

does anyone have an idea what may have caused this?

could it be a voltage/power problem or whatever cuz half of the times i boot up bios doesnt recognize all of my devices(cdrw,dvd,hd40gb,hd8gb..)

anyone?

Quote:
thnx 4 reply!
yea the bios is faulty for sure but the problem is i cant get into dos
cuz my floppy drive all of a sudden stopped working!!
i get the "I/O error remove disk and press any key"-error
does anyone have an idea what may have caused this?
could it be a voltage/power problem or whatever cuz half of the times i boot up bios doesnt recognize all of my devices(cdrw,dvd,hd40gb,hd8gb..)
anyone?

I/O error could be either a dodgy disk (have you tried another one?) or a non-bootable disk, or (sounds more likely) that you have a faulty floppy drive. Best thing I would suggest is like Mr Guvernment - try to boot off a CD, then flash from there.

Is this the result of a failed BIOS upgrade, or has it just started happening, apropos of nothing?

If that fails, there are some companies who can provide replacement BIOS EPROMs - I would try your mobo manufacturer as the first point of call.

Rgds
AndyF

Check that your CMOS Battery jumper has not fallen off the board, and in its proper position.

There are occasions where clear CMOS jumper alone wont do the job to clear the CMOS data, try also taking out the battery for some 15minutes and then install back.