Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
reversing_drive

Asking a Favour

I don't have XP or .NET , I Use Win2K, though i have this hobby of collecting the wallpaper picies that come with the Different Windows OS's

I have the Win2K ones (duh...) + WinMe ones, though no XP ones or If .NET has new interesting ones i'd love to have 'em too smile

Since 2K & ME, MS has bundled some really awesome wallpaper backdrops with it's OS's, don't you think ??? My current favourite is "Cliff in Clouds" from ME then "Smokey Light"

Do XP Home & PRO have different wallpapers ? Otherwise it would be really cool if someone could ZIP & send the .jpg's in the C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\ folder from their XP installation smile

Just send it to r e v e r s i n g _ d r i v e {at} o z e m a t e . c o m (without spaces and replace {at} with appropriate symbol)

Cheers,

PS, I'd love to get the ones from .NET if they are new.

Thanks. laugh

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but .NET is development platform and not a wallpaper bonanza smile.

-Christian

OK I think you're confused .NET is a new development platform/ internet services archictecture and not an Operating System like Windows 2000 or XP. Sure you can run .NET on one of these, but .NET is not an OS.

-Christian

Actually, under the .NET initiative, there are a few .NET servers that will replace Windows 2000 Server. Right now they are at the RC1+ phase, soon (hopefully) to move to RC2.

Okay, well at this time is there isn't a minesweaper containing OS. I'm not even sure server ships with games.

-Christian

What good is an OS if it doesnt come with 3D Pinball, sheesh. Thats what i buy my OSs for anyway.

I have to agree, however my game preference is a little different I think they should still Include Hover from windows 95, but make it multiplayer and have it use Direct3D. Wouldn't that be awesome? smile I'm not so crazy about the windows pinball game. I liked the old ones from Epic Megagames (now called Epic). The game was called Epic Pinball.

-Christian

Most people don't even know about hover. It doesn't install with windows 95, but you can run it off the CD or copy it from the CD to your local hard drive. Which is what I've done and it runs great on Win2K.

-Christian

The game is pretty cool, i remember playing it in between watching the video for Buddy Holly (also on the W95 CD) wink

IHey Cool,

You've played it too smile. Is the buddy Holly video the one with that cute brunet chick singing "You don't even have to try it comes easy for you the way you move is so apealling it could make me cry....". I liked that song, it wasn't the greatest one ever or anyting, but it ain't half bad either. Also at the time getting a free music video was a big deal, now you can download a trillion and we have the bandwidth to do so. We'll people who live in metropolisses.

Na its not that 1, authough that is also on the CD. The buddy holly 1 is where the video is from happy days, youll know it when you see it wink

Just at the time i was blown away by how great it was to have video playing on my PC smile

Im sure i could upload it if anyone wants it laugh

Oh ya I remember that one. Perhaps you should post it. Just remember to be sure and take it down after a MS representative asks you to remove it smile. Until then share like the dickens laugh

Cheers,

Christian

smile

Here is the vid smile

and here is hover for anyone who wants to give it a go. laugh it runs great with 6xFSAA and 16x AF, honest. laugh

I managed to cut the file size in half for the video but youll need divx to view it.

enjoy laugh (yes both of you).

Way to go posting Hover! That took balls. It looks like you're getting a head start on October 2015 (when Hover will be anbandonware smile. Screw Microsoft it's not like Hover is for sale anyware and besides they should still be bundling it with their OS's, but no they wouldn't do that because it could cut down on their game sales and their stock would drop 1/200 of a %.

-Christian

I dont think MS will be too bothered with me posting a game included with win95 smile

Who knows, Who cares! This is our messageboard not MS's smile.

laugh But I thought MS owned everything ? 8)