Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
emthompson

Javascript problem that no one can figure out

WEll it has been some time but my buddy the javascript pop-up problem is back on his resting spot on my back. I am havng a problem with javascript and pop-up windows (the kind of pop-ups that you want). Anyway, when I go here http://www.planetphotoshop.com/tutorials_effects.html

and click on one of the tutorials I get.........nothing. No pop up.....nothing. I make sure that Zone Alarm and my Popup blocker are both off before I know im going to try it.

Im running XP pro SP1 with IE 6 SP1. As a matter of fact....this started after I installed the SP's. Hmmm I will try to uninstall IE SP1 and see if that works. But in the mean time can anyone give ma a hand if they know a little abotu javascript.

Thanks

Worked fine for me...

I would try resetting all of the security settings to defaults. Go into Internet Options, head over to the security tab, and for each zone click the Default Level button.

Do you have any popup blockers set to block "unrequested windows"? While it seems that you are, indeed, requesting the popup I know that the pop blocker perceives the reply window in Outlook Web Access 5.5 to be unwanted and kills it every time.

Well i tried setting all the security zones to defalt but that didnt work. And I do run a pop-up blocker but for right now I dont have it running. So that is all I can tell you for now. I have checked though the Microsoft databases and cant find anything that deals with my problem.