Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BaRaBaS

Need For Speed 3, 4 and 5 not working under XP

Hi, I have Windows XP Pro installed on my computer and just now I've reinstalled my NFS games (3, 4, and 5). None of those seem to work, are there any patches available for this problem? Thanks in advance

BaRaBaS

NFS3 works fine here. I have to run it as Administrator in order to enable hardware 3D acceleration but the game itself works fine.

There isn't a gimme.dll, any other suggestions maybe?

BTW, Porshe unleashed is up and running now smile

I have no problems and do not need any sort of compatibility update to get NFS 3 or NFS 4 working under Windows XP. There is a download compatibility update for NFS 5, download it at MS's web site or get SP1. However, even without that NFS5 worked fine for me.

Quote:
Hi, I have Windows XP Pro installed on my computer and just now I've reinstalled my NFS games (3, 4, and 5). None of those seem to work, are there any patches available for this problem? Thanks in advance

BaRaBaS

For Need for speed high staks I found a "nfshspatch450" and the it worked great. And PORSCHE just works great. At 1st I tried compatibility and it worked but man it was slow. I turned if off and now every thing works...

Where did you find that patch? My updater is not working properly in the game itself.

Thanks!

I still cannot get nfs3 to work on my cpu.....i have the force feedback pro joystick (gameport version..i think..its definitly not usb). i can use the arrows without a problem but whenevr i use the joystick it gets all choppy.

help

I could not get any NFS game to work on XP. The only one that works is hot pursuit 2 (the new one) I suggest you buy this game, and get a geforce4 for it! porche unleashed sorta works but crashes sometimes.

SkyyFox

Just installed the NFS3 on my XP PRO, found it wouldn't work unless my internet connection was active.