Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Norton Internet Security on crack?

I have scanned myself 1000 times with The Cleaner and others and I find no trojans but Norton constantly is telling me I have intrusion attempts from the same 4 IP addresses (which I cant even ping

Quote:
I have scanned myself 1000 times with The Cleaner and others and I find no trojans but Norton constantly is telling me I have intrusion attempts from the same 4 IP addresses (which I cant even ping

If you do ping -a, you can get the names of the IP addresses.
The first 2 are AOL (AC82EBE1.ipt.aol.com and AC9A2328.ipt.aol.com), the third is dialup-67.26.41.244.Dial1.NewOrleans1.Level3.net and the last is p50902C88.dip.t-dialin.net

Without much investigation, looks like they're just "regular" port scans from wannabe hackers...on dialup connections ;(

AndyF

hmm ok my pings were timing out. Ok well now I need to know what the hell they are. Im not on AOHell

Quote:
Anything serious or just script kiddies port scanning?

it is just script kiddies, trust me, back home when i was on cable i had well over 100+ attempts a day.

As well, "rogers" had a "legal" trojan scanner scanning their networks for trojans, and they kept nailing me, so i called and complained, and it stopped, - as it was causing my internet connection to drop for hours on end they were hitt'n me so often.

it is norton, as it is super sensitive to any "port" scan, i could sit here and do a scan on your IP right now and norton would go nuts.

not worries, just norton doing it's job.

do u use icq?

icq is on the aol network

those 2 aol addresses are normal although u only really need 1

the other one is for ads

8)