Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ace

FF7 problem? Ain't Chobco Race

There's a part in the game when your in Cosmo Canyon and you have to listen to the old man's story in his observatory. When he starts talking it goes then when the white text come out it just stays there but the game is still running. Only Cloud is able to move and I'm just stuck in the room and no one else is moving. I wait and wait but the man doesn't keep going. In the walkthroughs I've read it just says that there is like a FMV sequence. So now I'm just stuck right there so I don't know what to do. Anyone got any ideas?

You have to examine the planets, and talk to the other party members, if I remember correctly... after you inspect everything and talk to your party members, talk to the old man again, and that should trigger the next event.

OK how do I exactly examine the planets cuz I pressed the Ok button like everywhere there and nothings happening. Also for some reason I can go throught my teammate on the left hand side and my other teammate ain't respondting to me do yea I need some help.

Question: do any of the other video clips work (eg. the intro ones)?

Yea I'm pretty sure they all work. The intro went smoothly and the video was shown before you play the bike mini game worked fine. Is there suppose to be a video happen?

If it's your first time into the observatory, then yes you should get a video clip.

Now that I think of it I think it's actually the patch that I applied to make the Choboco Race work. I also tried all the resolutions in the config but that didn't work so I plan to reinstall and try again. But do you think its the patch?

Are you running the 1.02 version of the game? (the nvidia patch - but also includes some 1.01 fixes) If not, try it (you'll need to apply chocobo patch etc. again after).

Yea I'm running 1.02 where you gotta apply the patch to make the Choboco Race work and I raced so that works. That may have affected the video clip.

I got the same prob, but i dont have this 1.1 patch (where i can get it?)

and my cloud don't move, the game still runin but i can't do nothin,

well, my FF7 don't got the movies and the wavs (sound effects)

if u guys remember that there is some kind of sounds, i should wait?!

Actually when a movie play the screen goes black for a sec, but in this case it gets black forever!!

Pls some fix for it frown