Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
reversing_drive

Best Nvidia Drivers???

OK who is an expert on nVidia Cards & Drivers?

There are just so many detonator drivers out that i was wondering which would work the best for my system, relizing that the newest drivers won't be the best for my system.

Win 2K SP3

PCI nVidia RIVA TNT2 32mb (M64)

AMD K6-2 333 (3D Now)

160mb Ram (povo SD)

DirectX 7 (Native 2K Ver)

As you can see i probably wouldn't benefit much fro the latest drivers considering i'm not using latest directX or playing the latest games. So basically what i think i'm after is the most stable, most suitable for AMD/DirectX 7/W2K/SDRAM combination.

The Games that i use on this system are: Unreal Tournament, Driver, Quake2, DuesX, Halflife.

Is there anywhere where i can see the individual tweaks & Additions to different Driver builds?

Cheers, smile [/b]

Quote:
23.11's or 28.32's should be good for your system. Grab all your Nvidia files here: http://www.guru3d.com/files/detonator/. Also, I would upgrade to DX 8.1b, too.

H'bout 23.12 ?
I have looked a bit in the forums at guru3d.com and 23.11 seems to be the pick for the TNT2 M64. But there is also 23.12
Is there anywhere i can find what fixes have been done in 23.12 since 23.11, the download file for 23.12 is like 2mb smaller!!!

Thanks, BTW, it is a good site.
Cheers.

There was a guide on Tom's Hardware a while back compairing the detonator versions, if I remember correctly, the 23.12 was not an official release, but I could be wrong. You might want to check that guide out on Tom's Hardware, though.

23.12 actually came up on Windows update driver section. I remember having the 23.11s and going to windows update, there it said 23.12 was available, I thought it was wierd but they worked fine.

I believe so, but don't quote me. I just said that windows update provided that version to my GF2 GTS back when 23.11 were about a month old.

I found a link to the Nvidia ftp site, where the majority of the 'official' driver releases can be downloaded... When I get home I'll post it, if anyone's interested.

i got the same vid card as you @ work.

(see the PIII 933 specs)

i have used alot of drivers and have not noticed any gain with any of them, as the card itself is fairly old, and most new dets. are made for the newer cards to be really effective. I don't think it will matter much for your card at all.

I've been upgrading my drivers with whatever the latest were on either nVidia's site or places like Guru3D.com for years and I have an even older video card than that (Diamond Viper V550 PCI based on the Riva TNT (1) chipset). I'm currently running 40.71 and am not having any major problems.