Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
simcut

Hello all, have some SB Live Sound Issues in Win 2K :(

Hello all smile

this is my first post here, I was recommended this place by a friend, anyhow, I have a few problems, my cd audio balance and my line in balance keep moving up by themselves, well actually tell a lie, I've found out its winamp causing it, I did have winamp 2.81 installed and tried downgrading to 2.79, anyway the problem is, say I play a audio cd in winamp, the CD Audio Play Balance shoots ALL the way up and blows my damn ears off, and I move it back down, and play a different song or repeat the same song on a audio cd and it does it again, same thing happens when I am listening to the radio connected to my pc via line in, it is infuriating me, and doesnt happen in winamp 3, which I have uninstalled now because I absolutely hate it, has anyone experienced this problem with the latest winamp? by the way, I have a dual boot, and this only happens in windows 2000, when I use winamp (same version) in win 98 it doesnt change play balances....

Please help someone! I've tried the wave out and direct sound out but to no provail.

By the way, I checked the sound blaster live section on the site and I tried a number of things and had no luck at all, right now the sound quality in windows 98 and windows 2k have a massive difference, the quality in windows 2k is just absolutely poor, whereas in 98 it is VERY good... help please guys, your my last hope!

Thanks,

Simon

hmm my mistake, this actually happens outside winamp as well! so it isnt just a winamp problem but randomly happens in windows, I'd be there listening to the radio and all of a sudden out of doing nothing but opening innocent old windows explorer the volume would double and the bass would be what seems to be on max (but it doesnt change on the volume bars at all)

I usually click the "digital output" on and off in the advanced section of my play control to get sound back to normal levels....

oh yeah,

I have a Abit K7-RAID mobo

AMD Thunderbird 1.2ghz

512mb RAM

GeForce 3

SB Live! 1024

incase it may be of use I thought I'd tell you all the above.

First I would try upgrading to the latest SB Live drivers for Windows 2000, I found them to be REALLY good and really fix ALOT of problems with Windows 2000. Next try a different MP3 player for the time being like Sonique or Windows Media Player and see if it persists. Also inside the Winamp preferences make sure that sound output is DirectSound and not Wave. Also what kind of speaker setup do you have?

......didnt help at all frown

I have latest BIOS, latest sound card drivers, and I have the VIA 4 in 1 Pack installed, someone PLEASE help ! frown

nope i dont think so, I'm trying to download that .exe now and it wont work, the link is dying? frown

the ftp is busy that's why....

isnt this one of the strangest problems you've come across? frown

Im pretty sure those drivers will fix it, but creative have a stupid queue system in place now, so i doubt you can use an ftp prog to access it.

I was gonna stick em on my webspace but im only getting 1kbs upload smile Anyway, they are also on the europe site and this 1 works smile

http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/drivers/welcome.asp