Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ali

after installing XP SP1 System is not as stable as before

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

just got XP SP1 about 2 weeks ago, but i have a feeling my windows is not as stable. i had to reinstall my graphics and audio drivers and my explorer crashes and restarts on every little event.

I'm not overclocking the system anymore and ran Ramtester and Burn-in tests on the computer but there is no Hardware problems.

no problematic programs on startup, no viruses or spywares.

has anybody else had any problems with SP1? any suggestions?

My computer is just as fscked up (caused by a combination of installing IIS, Apache, PHP, MySQL, Perl and various versions of Creatives drivers) after the upgrade as it was before.

a "slipstreamed" fresh install works great with everything including the via boards

the "update" on 2 machines has come up with some goofy things, but i havent traced it to the update yet.

im about to load this system fresh

You know it is kinda freaky!!! ever since i have posted this topic from this morning this computer has not done anything funny yet. i have NOT made any changes to my software or hardware but its working!!! laugh

I think it understand me now laugh

:x i have been working with these things too much i guess :x

ive had that same problem with a few other operating systems and found that after letting it sit for a while and not doing things to strangly for a while the computer seemed to be fine. 8)

I really appreciate your responce. because of my job it seems to be important to know how people feel about this.

Not a prob dude thanks for your help aswell. Glad to have helped a little i know how ya feel when an operating system goes ape on ya it's happend to many times to recall lol.

Have a good one

Neo

Windows media player 9 series crashes all the time on many formats. even the files that i have been able to play with 8.1. is it a common problem too?

Hey guys!!! and girls???! (I beg your pardon but all Canadian technicians are male, or if I don't stereotype, all the ones i have ever seen are!!)

that'a besides the point!! (getting into conversations with the girlfreiend too much) :x

after installing SP1 you have to install the "Problematic"programs again. after i did a clean installation, i installed SP1 before even i installed the drivers (right after installatin of windows). now in fact i don't seem to have as many problems!! wink well, i think the upgrade has a lack or something and it does not work for all the programs that are already installed. it is proven to me...... I HAVE TESTED TI MORE THAN ONCE>>!>!>!> laugh :x

(Kids... take my advice and don't stick to computers too much, they drive you nuts!!!)

thank you all