Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
evil Homer

Detonator Issues

Its been a while since I last posted here, been out in the scary real world.

Anyways, I don't seem to be able to install any of the 40.xx series of detonator drivers on Windows XP.

I have a GF3, which has worked fine with the other drivers.

However, upon installing these, I get a "Could not Load module NVQTWK.DLL" message everytime i boot up.

I've tried uninstalling the older drivers, using Windows to install the driver rather than running the setup program, manually deleting all the old files etc etc. but nothing has solved this issue.

So, if anyone has come across this before and knows how to fix it, I would appreciate if they could let me know.

Specs:

Athlon 1.4

512Mb PC133 RAM

GF3 64Mb

Windows XP Pro

Cheers

Homer

Shot in the dark.. You could try to install the Detenator drivers in SafeMode. Maybe something you have running normally is corrupting the installation of you vid drivers. If you have a virus scanning program running make sure to stop it while installing. Also, you might try and re-download the drivers, maybe they installer has become courrupt somehow?

Let me know what happens.

Well, got rid of the error messge. It was in MSconfig, trying to load nvqtwk for some reason.

But now the Geforce3 control panel refuses to load in the display properties. the tab is there, but clicking on it just generates an error stating it could not run a dll as an app.

I might just scrap this install of XP and restart from scratch.

If formating is an option, do it, and put in your vid card drivers first

formating eliminates alot of posible problems.

Well, I formatted, and the problem is still there.

I installed the 40.72 drivers first before doing anything else and the display panel tab just crashes everytime saying a dll could not be run as an app.

So, all my games are dark at high res as I can't change the gamma level.

Homer

Quote:
Well, I formatted, and the problem is still there.

I installed the 40.72 drivers first before doing anything else and the display panel tab just crashes everytime saying a dll could not be run as an app.

So, all my games are dark at high res as I can't change the gamma level.

Homer

Bear in mind that the Detonator 40s are still beta. I would see if there is somewhere you can let nVidia know about the problem (unfortunately, there's nothing in the driver's readme...), then drop back to the 3082 version...

AndyF

I have a Geforce3 with detonator 40.72. no crash... neither in windows or games (like warcraft3)

Only little problem is in 3D studio max, the viewport show some bugs (as about all nvidia beta drivers I think)

My Geforce3 bios is 3.20.00.10 Verify urs, the solution is maybe here.

Aragorn

Honestly speaking there are still issues in gamma settings in 40.XX drivers; somethimes show up as weird coloring on OGL apps.

I am running 29.42's here... When the 40's become WHQL-Certified, I'll give them a go, but there seems to be too many issues currently.

Quote:
I am running 29.42's here... When the 40's become WHQL-Certified, I'll give them a go, but there seems to be too many issues currently.

depends on chipset gfx card and dx version really
the 40 series run great with dx9

I am using the 30.82 drivers with my GF4 Ti4200 and I was also using these with my GF3 Ti200.

These drivers have been 100% stable for me, not a single problem.

I am yet to have any kind of success with the 40.xx drivers.

Every single set I've installed have caused hard locks on my system, so I refuse to use them for a few builds yet.

Quote:
I am yet to have any kind of success with the 40.xx drivers.
Every single set I've installed have caused hard locks on my system, so I refuse to use them for a few builds yet.

Strange. I've used the previous release and the current release of the 40 drivers with my GF3 and they've been fine.

Having said that though, I am currently running the latest 30 drivers at the moment just to see if there is any real difference between them.

Well on Friday I replaced my GF3 Ti200 with a GF4 Ti4200 (Good old work PC's).

Anyway, I uninstalled the drivers before making the swap (they may share the same driver set, but you gotta uninstall and reinstall for hardware changes).

It was then I realised the only drivers I had a copy of were some 40.xx from about three weeks ago.

Installed these and the problems started.

Hardlocks for no reason, in games, browsing the Internet, doing anything and no connection except the drivers.

Attempted to download the 30.82's and my machine hardlocked halfway through the download :-/

In the end had to uninstall the drivers and download the 30.82's whilst in VGA mode, only way I could get them.

That was Friday and the 30.82's haven't caused a single problem.

I'm running 40.72 on a GF2Ultra on WinXP Pro. Very stable and faster than the 30.82 for me, and I got a really old machine (ask me if you want something to laugh).

However, I noticed that since 30.xx the monitor cannot be set to standby anymore. This is really annoying. ;( Any version before 30.xx and the Nvidia drivers which ship with XP have no problem to put the monitor into standby-mode. Does anyone experience the same problem?

Greets,

ACiD StOUt

i now am using the official certified 40.72 dets and no probs on either my

g4 4600 ultra or my riva tnt2.

i was using the beta's before here on my tnt2 with .net server and media play 9 - decide to go beta! one day..lol and even then i had no problems, no lok up, nadda! and i cna usually kill a computer pretyt good@

I have the same problem (GF3 Ti200, NV dets 40.72). I upgrade from the 30.82's and the Nvidia tab in advanced display properties gives me a rundll32 error.

The thing is I had this problem under 2000 aswell. To fix a det driver upgrade then I had to search the disk for all the left over files from the uninstall process and then clean out the registry (the problem there was insufficiant access rights on certain keys nackering up the install process, even under the admin account).

However under XP things are more complicated since it has built in support for the Ti200, so there are registry entrys for the Microsoft versions of the drivers (required for system operation) and the Nvidia ones. God knows how im supposed to find the right ones!!

Does anyone have any ideas? As Im trying to sort out stablility problems with my gfx card with the driver upadates and half installed drivers aren't going to help much me thinks.

ok guys I fixed it! laugh

go to www.guru3d.com/files > Drivers > Dentonator Drivers, and download the Dentonator-4.41-Fix.exe. (It should work for all upgrades from 30.xx to 40.xx).

Then go control panel, uninstall the 30 series dets, reboot, install 40 ones (turn off virus checker first), reboot, run the util listed above, reboot. smile

If you already have the 40 series installed and have the rundll32 prob just download and run the util, no need to downgrade to 30.xx versions first.

Hope this helps