Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masterfinn

Weird stuff happeing on home network

OK, ya my home network has been working fine for a loooong time now.. i have my computer the xp box accting like the server which is connected to the internet and i have two other 98se boxes connected to a hub then connected to my computer...I have it set up with the 192.168.0.* config.

so ya it was workign great for the longest of times.. everyone had access to the net.. we could share the printer and have access to everyones shared files.. but just like a few moments ago.. i was just on my computer and my bro was on one of the other ones.. and suddenly we lots contact with eacothers computers.. he cant see mine or visa versa.. for no reason.. he lost all internet access and he can no longer see my shared folders.. i also can not ping eachother from any of the computers... dido from my computer.. i try to connect to my network drives.. ie the shared folders on the 98 boxes and nothing.. cant connect to network drive.... i dotn understand why this just happend all of a sudden.. none of the network settings had change.. nothing.... i dont know?.. i tried to reisntall both nics in my computer and redo all settings.. still nothing.. from my comptuer i can access the net but thats becasue its connected directly up of course... but still ntohing for the others.. they dont have interent access and none of us can access eathothers comptuer.. this is weird how it just happend out of no were.. and no i dont have any new firewalls enabled or the windows one.. also we both were not doing anything weird when it happend.. like nothign weird at all....i was just typeing up a report and he was surfing the net... and then bam gone.. I also tried a diffent port on the back of the hub and tried to reset it.. but still nothing...... werid eh?..

anyone out there that might know whats going here please let me know..

thanx a bunch

Masterfinn

Did you try to connect just two computers directly, without a hub. Could be that there's something wrong with it?

you need to troubleshoot tcp/ip...check ips..are they static? if using ics should be set to obtain automatically....release and renew ips from each workstation. can you ping the network card on each machine?....