Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  

SBlive! Again i know

im runnning Win2k RC2 until i can get 2195.3, with dual PII 300's Sblive value, UW SCSI, v770 Ultra... Kind of curious about live ware. is there a work around to make live ware 2.1 work in win2k and SMP enabled, id love to use live!ware, but i need to be able to use smp. even if not in q3. oh and is there a S/PDIF thing from creative available for the value, if so how do i get one... im using the new DTT2500 Dolby 5.1 speakers, and would like to use S/PDIF

W2K + LiveWare is a hack.

W2K + LiveWare + SMP does not work.

There is no official LiveWare for W2K.

For the other stuff, ask Creative.

That was pretty darn succinct...

That should be an auto-responder whenever the word "Live" appears in the forum smile.gif

[This message has been edited by DrSchmoe (edited 17 December 1999).]

Yeah, you'd think people would at least read the FAQ, or the install info, even if they can't be bothered to search the message base . . .

ok, well i did use Live ware 2.1 in win2k b4, with SMP and it worked, i did read the faq, install notes, and other message boards. nice blunt response, girlfriend break up with you or something? and some of it is repeat hence the "AGAIN I KNOW" be helpful not an asshole. probably dont even have 2k and/or a live so leave it to someone who does to not be a dick and help out. cause if you had some "STUPID QUESTION" id still answer it with a striaght response... its called being a kind person... ever hear of a good samartan aparantly not.

Uh, tahoe. For most of the people here posting, we read about thirty messages a week usually asking the same questions about one of the following:

1 - SBLive, 2 - Q3 and Voodoo, 3 - Q3 and OpenGL, and others.

When someone posts a question such as yours, it looks as if you haven't even searched the forum to find that 1 - SBLive with LiveWare and SMP die and die horribly, 2 - installing LiveWare for Win2K is a hack (and some people have problems getting the hack to work and others don't).

Then you come back and flame one of the nicest people on the forums saying something worked that you originally asked if it would work:

Your first post:

"is there a work around to make live ware 2.1 work in win2k and SMP enabled"

Your latest post:

"well i did use Live ware 2.1 in win2k b4, with SMP and it worked"

Something does not add up... If you got it to work before, how did you do it? Let us know so that we can help others (which is actually what we are attempting here...) Maybe using your information on how you got it to work earlier, someone can figure out another hack to make it work now...

Thankfully, I'm using a Diamond MX300 and I can ignore most of the SBLive stuff....

For my own part, I have found that if there is someone who is being an a##hole in this thread, it's not Yuppie...

------------------

J. Byron Todd

Computer Consultant

byron@toddcomp.com

Todd Computer Solutions

ByronT covered most of the points I intended to raise (thanks!). I normally wouldn't bother justifying myself, but it's 3:52AM and I can't sleep, so...

Quote:
probably dont even have 2k and/or a live

I've been seriously using W2K since around build 2031 as part of the official beta program. I also run Win9x, RedHat 6.1, and BeOS 4.5.2 (just for laughs).

I pre-ordered my SBLive (a real one, not a "value"), so I've had it about as long as they've been out. I've also had just about every other SB card since the SB16. In fact, I spent some time with their techs in Shrewsbury (England) to determine why this card wouldn't work with what was the fastest machine around at the time, a 486/33. (It turned out to be "noise" from the CPU - a few extra smoothing caps fixed it.)

Quote:
so leave it to someone who does to not be a dick and help out. cause if you had some "STUPID QUESTION" id still answer it with a striaght response

It looks to me like you got a straight response - completely, 100% factually accurate in an easy-to-read format, and with a bandwidth-conserving brevity.

Nor was your question "stupid", just one that has been asked and answered at least a dozen times during the last few weeks.

Just because you don't like the answer is no reason to attack the answerer.

Oh, and just for completeness, I did some research on the SBLive/Value + S/PDIF question. It took almost 50 seconds to come up with this image, showing the location of the relavent connector. The implementation is left as an exercise for the student.

http://support.soundblaster.com/specs/audio/live/images/ct4670.gif

[This message has been edited by YuppieScum (edited 17 December 1999).]

hehe Sweet, I love it when the smack gets laid down =)

Do some homework, exhaust your own brain before asking the for easy way out. I personally would rather figure sothing out on my own then have th answer given to me, as I will actually remember it as opposed to fogetting and thinking "well I can easily ask the same question again and get the anwser" That is until someof us jsut start ignoring threads for that very reason.

yeah maybe, if i had access to live ware 2.1 i could probably try again and help out. there are some people that think they have tech knowledge about stuff they havent used. i go through these posts a lot too. and i have some know how on certain things, but im working on andvancing myself to help others too.

try here then

fun.s-one.net.sg/pub/drivers/lw2_w9x.zip

download this above & e-mail me I send you the NTDRV.LIB