48mb RAM

3.4 gb hdd

4x CD-ROM

soundcard

1mb Cirrus Logic Videocard

15" CRT

speakers

Looking for a 60-80gb hdd, non IBM

For that system? I highly doubt it will work. Possibly with adding an IDE controller card (PCI) and using a BIOS overlay. Not recommended, IMHO, for your system. I've installed some 40GB drives in systems from that era, and best case, they see 32GB. I highly recommend AGAINST that upgrade, for that system. Hope that didn't come out mean..

Umm, I think he's looking to trade that system *for* a hard drive of those specs...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that by having "Illinois" in the title, "Honolulu" just *might* be out of the question. Damnit Inferno get your monkey a$$ over here and make clearer posts...

laugh

Quote:
Looking for a 60-80gb hdd, non IBM

You might wanna add Seagate to the exclusion list as well. I nearly bought 1, but rang their freephone advice line to check on something & the guy let slip that they make drives for IBM.

"A DeathStar by any other name, does it not crash as badly?" laugh

Hmm ouch, I have 3 death stars and was considering buying a Seagate for my server box, that only leaves me with Maxtor or Western Digital, darn, I need silent drives!!

Quote:
Hmm ouch, I have 3 death stars and was considering buying a Seagate for my server box, that only leaves me with Maxtor or Western Digital, darn, I need silent drives!!

Well my 60GB Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 60 is fairly quiet, then again it has a couple of relatively noisy fans to compete with anyway. Do you mean the constant noise of the disc spinning or the noise the drive makes when it's actually doing something? I think the constant noise is less than that of a DeathStar, & the operation noises are [for want of a better word] softer than those of the DeathStar.

As you may have read elsewhere, I was saving for a WD SE, but the DeathStar had other ideas. frown

It's the noise of the Maxtor when it's in operation that gets on my nerves, my Dad has 2 of them in RAID, I can just about manage with my 40 gig Deathstar on though, took it out of my main rig, but desperatley need to replace the 40 gig in my main rig now as I need to do a clean install of Windows and nothing to back 30 gigs plus downloads to.