Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Marktait

Should i jump the boat?

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

I've got a SiS board (Asus P4S533) - I admit it had some problems at first, but after up[censored] the BIOS and the IDE drivers, it has been rock solid...

My SiS was cheaper than either the Intel or Via-based options for my P4.

i whish they would make an nforce for the p4

or at least a dual cpu nforce

the nforce 2 has dual everything else it would be sweet if they took dual procs aswell

Ditto there man. nForce is the best chipset available for the AMD side of things. Stable computing for me helped big time when I stopped using Win9x, but moving to an nForce and not overclocking helped my uptime tremendously. I do have a KT133 board (Asus A7V---the best KT133 board, IMO) as my file server, and I don't use that much---but it does work fine. I do think that certain companies can build better products based on a particular chipset than other companies can---I've not had trouble with Tyan or Asus products running any chipset---but I do think that Via is going to have to haul ass since they have to contend with SiS and nVidia (and ALi/Iwill).

I try to be as neutral as possible, but now that there are good alternatives to Via, I'm going to be checking them out.

well my box runs fine, i just got an athlon xp 1800,and it has somebeater cooler,never goes over 120 with the sides of case on and the only ventaltion is the ps fan.but for me i havn't had any probs since i got rid of the 1.3.

Quote:
well my box runs fine, i just got an athlon xp 1800,and it has somebeater cooler,never goes over 120 with the sides of case on and the only ventaltion is the ps fan.but for me i havn't had any probs since i got rid of the 1.3.

it would probably be a good idea to get some fans in there