Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nutsadamus

O & O defrag issue

Howdy,

Just a quick question,

For some reason, O & O isn't seeing one of my partitions.

I have 2 physical drives, the 1st one is broken up into 6 partitions (c:,d:,f:,g:,h: and i: ), and the 2nd one into 2 partitions (pagefile, and K: )

They are all NTFS.

Well, K isn't being seen at all in O & O. Is there a limit to the number of partitions O & O will recognize?

Thanks for any insight.

By the way, using win2k sp3 and the pro version of O & O

I would suggest looking at the permissions on the drive itself. I know that with PerfectDisk, because the "engine" runs under the context of the System account, System must have at least READ access to the partition. I quickly looked in the O&O Defrag online help but didn't find anything about permissions needed to see/defrag a partition. I also don't think that O&O Defrag is limited to the number of partitions that can be seen. You might also want to contact their support department and see if they can be of some assistance.

- Greg/Raxco Software

Disclaimer: I work for Raxco Software, the maker of PerfectDisk - a commercial defrag utility and a competitor to O&O Defrag, as a systems engineer in the support department.

Thanks for the reply,

I already checked the permissions and everything seems fine, all my drives are set the same and have full access. Any other ideas? Tried getting in touch with them but no reply yet.

Anyway, appreciate the suggestions.

O&O Defrag is based out of Germany. It may take a while for a response...

- Greg/Raxco Software