Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JediBaron

Flaw in Outlook Express caused by XP Service Patch 1?

I just noticed today that I can no longer Switch Identities from within Outlook Express (6.00.2800.1106). I can change Identities only by either telling OE to open a different one by default or by making OE ask which profile to open every time. But if I try to switch identity normally while I'm in OE, it just closes and then opens to my default identity. I have 2 WinXP sp1 machines here and they are both exhibiting the same behavior. Is anyone else seeing this as well?

I had the same problem but found that if you go into "Manage Identities", and uncheck the "Use this identity when starting a program" box you will be able to access the other identities. It does require a redundent identity selection but at least you can get to them as before. Hope this helps.

It would need to restart OE every time you do this in order to access another identity wink

I dont think this is a bug actaully, rather some form of security integrity. laugh

HAHA, if they dare to admitt it is a problem of windows SP1, why didnt they admitt it much earlier wink

Have you ever receive some others emails of different identity in OE, I mean pre SP1, yet to happen in SP1 since they admitt something though not on the security side winklaugh