Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ace

You guys crash your computers a lot?

Anyways I was just wondering if you people have crashed your computer a lot. I hav a no good 450Mhz, 64MB RAM now upgraded to only 128MB RAM, 8GB hard drive, 8x CD-ROM drive, a floppy, 56k modem, no network card, and a old 8MB video card computer. So far I've crashed it 2 times in Windows NT then I changed it to Windows 2000 and crashed it like 3 times how about you guys?

Ive left it on for a week on end with no problem, it only crashes if its overclocked too high, but ive found a "sweet spot" now so there are 0 problems smile

My current WinXP installation is about a year old now and I'm yet to have a single crash.

Before that, with Win2k, I had the odd crash in the beginning but that was due to extremely immature drivers - fixed within a month or so of Win2k's release.

I have had a few cases that I couldn't run a stable system on. In some cases it was the ram and in some it was the motherboard itself. Hard to tell though. It can also be incompatibility. Check for bios upgrades. Or try replacing ram mobo...

In one case i couldnt make a 4gb hdd work in a sys. It booted and everything but after a while some strange error happened like spontan reboots. Thr hdd works with no problems in another sys, and the one I replaced it with works well too. When something like this happens it really ruins my day and I wish I had no computers, but after a few q3a's the world seem ok again smile (Yeah whatever)

Mine hardly ever crashes, crashes only when i overclock the processor, or the graphics card to the point that it can't handle the heat otherwise its a blooody excellent hardware and winxp is a bloody stable OS

config:

WINXP PRO with dual Boot windows 98(win 98 sucks!!! but still gotta keep it for compatibility with old progs), Celeron 850 Mhz, intel 440 BX 100 Mhz motherboard, Geforce 2 MX dual head AGP with 32 MB SDRAM, 384 MB Sdram on Motherboard, 10 GB HDD(I know this is less), 32x 10x 40x LG cd-rewriter, 8x Samsung DVD-ROM, Sony floppy drive, Cmedia 8738 4 Channel sound card, and 4 extra cooling fans. Oh yea the crappy dlink 56k internal software modem as well. waiting for cable to get started in my city....

My Windows 98 SE install likes to crash at the most weirdest times. One time it was in Internet Explorer, no pages would load after awhile and then a blue screen popped up and then I hit a key to go back to Windows only to see my monitor wouldn't display anything, so I just hit the reset button. I remember in Windows ME, I would try to load a DOS Box and get the message, not enough memory, I knew then that Windows ME was no good.

no crashes here for a while

last time it was due to my system drive failing but the computer didn't reallly crash it just wouldn't boot up again after i shut if off.

All my crashes were actually from screwing up my drivers and stuff. Like once I installed the wrong video driver and it froze in startup so thats considered a crash. Then I also had a problem with free internet access. When I restarted the computer it froze in the startup as well so there's another crash. Another one was when I changed the virtual memory all wrong and when I got back to Windows nothing openned and all the options were all lines and it said it had a virtual memory problem so thats another BOOM. Also once my hard drive was just corupted and it froze and startup too. So yea....after crashing so much I'm really careful about my computer until I get a new one so yea.