Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Raptor12

FF7 Problems

I'm running Win2k SP2 and I can't get any of the fixes mentioned for FF7 to work. When I start up the program, nothing happens until I hit enter, and then I can choose new game, and from then on absolutely nothing happens and I have to end task. Any ideas on what I could do to get this game running?

Yes, I have seen it, and I can't download the Whistler Application Compatibility Toolkit from any of the links on the thread, and I can't download the MS App Compatibility Toolkit 1.5 anymore, as they apparently took it off of MS's website.

I recommend that you try upgrading to Service Pack 3 and then installing the Application Compatibility Toolkit 2.6 instead (which is much nicer anyway with the Compat Admin tool).

Quote:
I recommend that you try upgrading to Service Pack 3 and then installing the Application Compatibility Toolkit 2.6 instead (which is much nicer anyway with the Compat Admin tool).

I've tried this already.
I already installed SP3 and then installed ACT 2.6, but it doesn't work. Apparently Microsoft is lying. It doesn't work on Win2k SP3.. for me at least. =(

That's strange. I happen to know that you're not the only one who's had that problem, but it worked fine for me.....