Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Axl74

IE6 not loading pages

I can't remember what I did before this started happening but for some reason IE6 won't load any pages that have "#" in the link (at least this is the only time I've noticed it). When I click on the page, nothing happens, and it doesn't make any difference if I turn off my firewall, or change the privacy and security settings in IE6.

Does anyone have an idea why this might be happening?

Thanks

As far as I understand html, the # symbol refers to a subheading/link on the current page, so it may appear as though it is not loading. Do you have a link to a page that gives you that problem?

It jumps to other sections of the current page (what I always thought the # was for as well) but the following is an example of what I can't load.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/scoreboard/mlb_scoreboard.jsp#

or

http://www.eminem.com/content_discography.html#

The mlb.com link may not work from the link because it loads the live Gameday link of whatever game you choose. The option isn't there unless a game is going on at the moment.

Thanks

OK, both links load fine for me, running W2k, sp3, with IE6.0. Have you installed (or uninstalled, for that matter) anything that uses the Sun Java compiler recently? What, if anything, has changed on your computer since you were last able to correcly load such pages?

If you're using WinXP/SP1 goto Start>Set Program Access and Defaults, select Custom. Under Choose a default virtual machine for Java, click the Microsoft Virutal Machine then click OK. Not sure if the problem is related but this fixed some webpages not fully loading for me.