Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YuppieScum

Build 2195!

Yep - according to WUGNET, 2195 is Gold. Unleash the hounds!

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

Wow, it is great!

2195 features DirectX 8, Internet Explorer 6.0, fixes all the bugs we have ever seen in a Microsoft OS, and uses only 4MB of memory! (Not to mention the 386 minimum requirement)

The next question is:

"When will it be up for MSDN members!!!" Based on their usual lag, I am assuming mid to late next week. Hopefully they will make me happy though, and put it up sooner.

I guess on the positive side, I don't need to buy it because the MSDN membership already covers that wink.gif

[This message has been edited by DrSchmoe (edited 15 December 1999).]

**** man Im sticking with 2194... how much could they have changed?? Im sure it was minor bugs concerning links between 9X boxs and NT. Which was the thing we were having difficulties with previously in 2183......

Woohoo smile.gif

If that Wugnet article is accurate, it should be any minute now. The MSDN site doesn't mention the Win2K release so hopefully their press release will coincide with the download offering (probably wishful thinking).

Gee, I wonder what they fixed in the 12 builds and 30 days since RC3.

I said Im runing 2194...... I dont think they changed that much since 2194.. I said 2183 because that is the last RC build they had up..... plz spare me ur smart a$$ remarks... and the rest of us as well.. I searched all the posts u have up and u edited about 70 percent of them and u say crap like this in almost all of them:

"Not to be rude, but I am pretty certain God has better things to do than fix your computer system."

"Not to be critical, but"

HELLO! u are being critical and rude....

grow up or stop being a dickfor.

Whoa. Calm down Jimmy. I wasn't directing that at you. I am using 2183 and was really wondering what was different. I was just happy to hear about the early MSDN distribution. Besides, I never directly or indirectly called anyone by an improper name.

The reason for editing my remarks: I do a lot of editing and writing. If I see a typo, it drives me nuts until I correct it. Try publishing for a living and see how you feel about correct grammar and punctuation.

The message about God: My beliefs are personal and I consider it immoral to force them upon others, but it is still unnerving when someone begs the Almighty for help with a computer. Consider it roughly analogous to my making improper remarks about your parents.

The "not to be critical one": I believe was in a thread where everyone was being critical. By its very nature, any difference of opinion is inherently critical.

DrSchmoe

I do that same thing about "not to be critical".... I got 3 finals in the next 11 hours and one is coming up in 43 minutes Im just freaking out... really on edge....

I apologize.

JimmyK - Good luck with the finals, man.

And remember - don't get stressed out, you've got the *whole* weekend to install 2195...

talking about finals.. i just had 2 speech presentation finals already, and have another group presentation on tuesday, and 2 tests + a Final on monday, hang in there JImmy.. afterwards its just vacation!

on another note, whats this about a version 2195.3 which is the real RTM i keep hearing about.. which is still locked in the ntbeta ftp, maybe you can share some light on this anyone with access to the ntbeta and bill's cell number ?

chameleon

win2kbox.8m.com

Where are you hearing about 2195.3? This is news to me...

I've just taken a look on the NTBeta FTP site, and there's no such directory.

However, it may be the designation of the un-time-crippled version of 2195...maybe?

When Microsoft compiles, often, things go horribly awry and the resulting build is flawed (crash during compile, etc).

2195.3 is the same source as 2195, but it may have minor fixes for issues that appeared during the build. The source identifies itself as 2195, and the 2195 in the beta directory is actually 2195.3 (2195.2 and 2195.1 may not be bootable). The .x is assigned by the build team, not the development team.

I hope that makes sense, because I managed to confuse myself smile.gif

Good luck to all of you taking finals. As much as I miss school, I don't miss the exams!

good lord I jsut got owned by 2 exams 1 left to go....

hey does anybody remembered which drivers enabled agp? It totally forgot.