Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SHS

So you want Unreal with S3TC take look at this

Yep, but nothing new. Remember splicing and dicing the files when the S3TC addition to the OGL driver in UT was added for Nvidia Card owners from the Linux port of UT.

Funny thing is IIRC, the UT 2003 developers mentioned that UT has more S3TC than UT 2003! Which judging by the demo it looks like they are correct (The demo doesn't have all the textures tho).

Still the win32 ver of UT 2003 is one CD and the linux ver of UT 2003 is one CD, while the ver of UT with S3TC textures is 2 CD's witht the second CD devoted totally to S3TC textures! You'd think they would have packed UT 2003 full of S3TC but I guess they decided to keep 'em out for speed....loading every single texture of UT 2003 would have been a MASSIVE decrease in CD space (DVD's DANGIT!) and speed (who cares we have 1GHZ+ processors nowadays!)

hehe they ready at 3 CD now with win32 port of UT2003 that I have heard, I also heard the CD will come with much higher textures then the demo did in both linux and win32 so who know.

What graphic card was used for the first image ? I played once Unreal on a S3 Savage3D (btw, the best 3D chip ever from S3) which had S3TC, and now I've seen Unreal on a Voodoo3 3000 with Glide. I tell you : I don't give a **** on S3TC as long as i have Glide with Unreal.

The images are very impressive though.

nVidia GF Ti 200 Note Unreal is run with OpenGL with 2nd image the first image was D3D same card.

Why do thing I keep V2 a round.

But it does support Glide. The combination of Unreal and Glide beats all other cards.

My 100fps avg in UT at 2048X1536 @ 32bc Full details proves ya wrong.... laugh

Once long long ago when UT came out and mabye about a year after Glide was still the king for Unreal but no longer.

Glide (like 3Dfx) is dead. Besides, 32bit color is really nice to have...

laugh