Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JMD

repair win 2000 pro

My system has been crashing on me and I need to know how to to a repair windows.

There isn't an option to repair when you put the CD in it just gives you an option to install or install add ons

Thanks

PS Time like this I want to punch Bill Gates

You put the cd in the drive, reboot, make sure your set the bios to boot off the cd. It will boot off the cd, run setup, you will get to a point to select Repair, and run the automated repair.

Done and Done

Thanks Guys

I just reinstalled it.

Hope this solves the memory dumps.

Cheers

adamvjackson

I think it was the Opera browser that was causing the problem.

My system used to crash evry once and a while but whn I installed Opera it crashes constantly.

Even after I reinstalled windows, I brought up Opera and with in seconds I had a memery dump.

I deleated Opera and 5 hours later no dumps.

I hope this was the cause.

Cheers

Glad to hear that.. Have you checked out Mozilla lately? Not sure exactly how the features compare with Opera, but Mozilla is pretty sweet.

Hi

adamvjackson

No I haven't looked at Mozilla as of yet.

I went on thier board and took a quick look at some of the info they had on it, but I though I read if you had Netscape installed on your computer running Mozilla on the same system could cause problems, is this true or was I seeing things LOL

Cheers

Quote:
adamvjackson

I think it was the Opera browser that was causing the problem.

My system used to crash evry once and a while but whn I installed Opera it crashes constantly.

Even after I reinstalled windows, I brought up Opera and with in seconds I had a memery dump.

I deleated Opera and 5 hours later no dumps.

I hope this was the cause.

Cheers

Hmmm... I've been using Opera for a couple of years and never had anything so serious as a BSOD (I assume thats what you mean by "memory dump"). Of course, I don't know how well the latest versions run under 2000 since the only version I recall running under 2k was one of the 5.xx series. 6.00 and beyond have been run exclusively under XP. I have been getting some "Application Errors" with it of late which I'm pretty sure are linked to the IE Flash 6 plugin but I'm not entirely sure yet...

Hi Admiral LSD

Well so far I have had no dumps and it been 10 hours, when I brought Opera up before it crashed with in a min or so.

This is even after I reinstalled win 2000.

So I will see if things keep going crash free lol.

To bad I likes that Opera browser.

I will stick with IE for now

And adamvjackson

Much to my surprise the new Netscape 7 isn't that bad.

I hated Netscape until this version came out.

Cheers

PS: Why does your post disappear when you click on one of the smiles LOL

It happens every time I post here.

I click on a smile and the post disappears. Ummmm

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xba7f43e8). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in: C:\WINNT\MEMORY.DMP.

Event ID 1001

looks like I spoke to seen, just had another memory dump and this is what it said in the event viewe

Does anyone have any Idea what this means??

Any infor would be appreciated

Cheers

Hi DosFreak

Could you explain your post a little more.

I know nothing about windows so I will need a little more info.

I guess your telling me it could be memory related the reason why my computer is crashing??

Cheers

That would be a good guess. It does sound like you are hardware-related issue. Give that test a shot.