Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jason B

Any idea if there's drivers for MS' force feedback joystick?

AFAIK, they are only 9x compatible. I know that there aren't any for 2k Pro, but I have no idea about XP. TIA. smile

if it is the "serial" verison, XP has defualt ones i think..., how ever there is no "software" for it, so u can not do any cutom settings.

MS is only supporting USB devices now for Xp. no more serial joyysticks or any other devices like that.

Well, it is the game port, on the sound card, and I assume that's why you put the quotes around serial.

Jerry, you said you had it working under 2k? How was that? I couldn't find drivers that **worked** anywhere, even on driverguide.

I was just wondering, because I could understand why it wasn't supporte on 2k, it's more of a buisness OS really, when you think about it, but XP is much more geaered for the home user, so they could be intelligent and nice, and release drivers for XP, but I guess not.

Does anyone know if the Force Feedback Pro is supported in 2k or XP? I believe it's USB.

Thx guys. smile

You'll want to check at a local computer store to verify this, but I believe some versions of the MS Wheels had a Game=>USB converter cable. I had that very cable, in fact, until last time I cleaned up my spare parts... 8) Had I still had it, I could've sent it to you....

Yeah, well, I wasn't too optimistic to begin with. smile I appreciate the thought Adam, and thx for the info Jerry. It's good to have guys like you around. wink

Windows XP comes with the game port version supported. However the Sidewinder software is not supported and will not work in XP they will only be doing updates for the USB products so no game profiles. I have the same one at home and works fine in xp I even got it to work in 2k but I don't remember how was a while ago.

The gameport version works perfectly. Just plug it in, and use the Add->Sidewinder (Auto Detect) bit in game controllers and it works smile

No trouble with it at all so far smile There is no sidewinder software for it though unfortunatly, version 3 is just for windows 95/98/ME and version 4 seems to be only for certain USB controllers.