Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

Post your UT 2003 benchmarks

Look in your UT 2003 SYSTEM directory and run BENCHMARK.EXE

It seems that Benchmark.exe set's your UT2003.ini to defaults, so modifying it or changing your UT2003 settings will have no affect. (Still testing this)

Obviously running the batch files or until someone write's a better benchmark GUI would be preferable but running Benchmark.exe is the simplest solution for now.

UT 2003 Demo

D3D

BENCHMARK.EXE

640X480

Flyby: 152.320267

Botmatch: 49.975044

800x600

Flyby: 152.435501

Botmatch: 49.959011

1024X768

Flyby: 151.934494

Botmatch: 49.901531

1280X960

Flyby: 142.084518

Botmatch: 49.754349

1600X1200

Flyby: 86.616623

Botmatch: 46.055515

----------------------------------

1600X1200

16x Ansio

Flyby: 56.752377

Botmatch:38.702225

6x AA

Flyby: 47.968014

Botmatch: 24.337336

16x Ansio & 6x AA

Flyby: 37.581856

Botmatch: 20.769403

What crappy benchmarks...

They are all flyby's and spectator. ;( Who in the world decided that this would be a proper benchmark representive of gameplay? Obviously they created this "Benchmark" as a demo to showcase the Unreal engine on different graphics cards. I knew this before I benchmarked the game and fired it up because the gameplay absolutely sucked. frown

Took a peek inside of benchmark.exe....

So, since benchmark.exe is using the same .ini the only difference in major cause of problems with benchmarking with benchmark.exe is inability to adjust graphics options (unless you change the source .INI in this case MAXDETAIL.INI), according to the readme the difference in BOT battle (slower CPU=stupider AI?), inability of crappier graphics hardware to take advantage of options enabled in MAXDETAIL.INI.

So we need a Benchmark prog that can detect the host vid card.

Support all graphics options of said graphics card without having to tweak host video card settings. (Also the benchmark could automagically set the video card settings to default if necessary).

Automagically gray out unavailable options for crappy video cards.

BENCHMARK.EXE information

file..ut2003.exe..open....

1024x768

1600x1200

1280x960

640x480

800x600

dm-asbestos?spectatoronly=true?numbots=12?quickstart=true -benchmark -seconds=77 -exec=..\Benchmark\Stuff\botmatchexec.txt ini=..\Benchmark\Stuff\MaxDetail.ini userini=..\Benchmark\Stuff\MaxDetailUser.ini -nosound -UPT -

dm-antalus?spectatoronly=true?numbots=12?quickstart=true -benchmark -seconds=77 -exec=..\Benchmark\Stuff\botmatchexec.txt ini=..\Benchmark\Stuff\MaxDetail.ini userini=..\Benchmark\Stuff\MaxDetailUser.ini -nosound -UPT -

dm-asbestos?game=engine.gameinfo -benchmark -seconds=70 -exec=..\Benchmark\Stuff\flybyexec.txt ini=..\Benchmark\Stuff\MaxDetail.ini userini=..\Benchmark\Stuff\MaxDetail.ini

User.ini -nosound -UPT -

dm-antalus?game=engine.gameinfo -benchmark -seconds=77 -exec=..\Benchmark\Stuff\flybyexec.txt ini=..\Benchmark\Stuff\MaxDetail.ini

userini=..\Benchmark\Stuff\MaxDetailUser.ini -nosound -UPT -

Files explanation

botmatchexec.txt

showhud - Removes HUD information. Text etc.etc.

Ship - removes demo version text

flybyexec.txt

causeevent flyby - Some sort of scripted flyby sequence?

Ship - removes demo version text

MaxDetail.ini - Benchmark.exe uses these for the UT2003.ini to see benchmark information

MaxDetailUser.ini - Used to set control information for the benchmark?

140+ at 1024x768@32bit in flyby

50+ at 1024x768@32bit in botmatch

I don't use the other resolutions on this machine, so I didn't care about them.

1024x768

Flyby: 168.46

Botmatch: 57.41

I have a feeling ill be playing the original alot more than this though.

Quote:
Yup, Flyby is VC limit and Botmatch is CPU.

Your vid card suxs! laugh

it cost me a whopping $100
i am happy with it
i don't have time for games anyhow
i just use it for the dual head features

I have a GeForce 2 MX-200, and someone's going to trade it with me for a VooDoo 3 2000. Deal. smile I'll post em later.

You're trading a card that does work in UT for a card that is having issues already? Not to mention that it's probably a slower card anyway. Is there a special reason that you are looking for such an old card?

Whoa!! Keep the GF2MX200!!! The patch for the demo DOES fix the voodoo3 errors. These benchmarks suck, i don't even consider them benchmarks. Anyway:

1024x768x32bpp

Fly-by: 119.613496

Bot Match: 38.7012391

only res i have tried is 1024x768, don't really care about the rest, most people don't.

You guys do realise just how bad the mx200 is dont you? Its like the most castrated card known to man....ever. smile

I wouldnt even be 100% sure its faster than a Voodoo3 smile

Relax, I didn't trade. smile You do have to realize that my card is the slowest piece of crap on earth. frown The VooDoo 3 is a LOT faster than mine is, and it has 16mb less ram. The downside is, it won't run Direct3D games, as I understand it. It wasn't a permenent deal, just to see if it would be any better.

Quote:
You guys do realise just how bad the mx200 is dont you? Its like the most castrated card known to man....ever. smile

Personally, I'd give that award to the TNT2.

hey the TNT2 was a d.amned good card, slow, but good. Not much of a performance boost over the original TNT. As for the voodoo3, i have fail to find "good" Windows XP drivers for it, i have found some that work, but not well enough.

Well my gamestop finally got it in and gave me a call.

They have it on sale so im all giddy now