Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

UT 2003 Demo

It's downloading now, but unfortunately I'm gonna be away so I won't get to play it until tomorrow night.

Works fine, the new 3d-engine is sweet. My tbird@1.6 and GF3 Ti200@Ti500 plays it smooth at 1024@32bit, no fsaa with full eyecandy.

There's a benchmark.exe in the ut2003 systemfolder, I get 108fps for flyby and 42 fps for botmatch.

Long time no see Doc.

This game is pretty damn cool. I am all over it when it comes out. Right now I am downloading the Linux version so I can see how well it runs.

Flyby: 140+

Botmatch: 51+

Running 1024x768 on Alyssa. BTW, I don't suppose anyone knows how to get the damn thing running on RH 7.3 eh? I have been trying to check my drivers and the game only launches the splash screen, but that's it. I am going to post this to the linuxcomp forum as well.

Under VMWare? Not a chance in hell.

If you have RH installed on its own partition then are you absolutely positively sure you have the 3D drivers installed and running properly? Apparently they can be a little troublesome to get working properly, the nVidia Linux drivers especially.

Quote:
Under VMWare? Not a chance in hell.

If you have RH installed on its own partition then are you absolutely positively sure you have the 3D drivers installed and running properly? Apparently they can be a little troublesome to get working properly, the nVidia Linux drivers especially.

Umm, nope. I have RH installed on another PC at home and I tried getting it to install there as well. If you have any ideas, check out the thread under games at www.linuxcompatible.org.

Runs fairly well on my lowly 750 Athlon. The Radeon 8500 helps me here as I can play up to 1024 without too much of a fuss with some 2X or 4X Anio.

Honestly I really didn't like it, the announcer's voice is quite annoying, and the game feels much different compared to the original Unreal Tournament, which I played ALOT when it came out but then got bored of it. The graphics are nice but something is just not right....still liking Q3. Maybe the final version will be better, I installed it under 98 SE, didn't want to mess around with my 2000 install, but had some crashes.

OK, got it running under Linux too, but does anyone know how to bench it in there?

So can mold, doesn't make it any good tho...

laugh

However, I do like it. No, really...

I am a UT player, and love it, the 2003 is cool.. cannot wait for the full thing... smile

ohh yeh the game runs sweet with FSAA

Dual MP2000+

1GB Ram

Radeon 9700 Pro

21" Sony

plays SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET wink

It is pretty sweet. I like the way they built in those special moves when you get 100 on adreniline. Sweet graphics. A must buy for all FPS fans

to me it is hard on the eyes it seem compared to Unreal tourney

could just be this crap vid card igot here @ work.

i had gotten a hold of the first "leaked" demo, had a few more maps and stuff, gonna see if those will work on this demo laugh

Well, they made this demo so u can not add "3rd party" maps, it even says so when you try to choose a map i put in from the menu frown

darn programmers! tak'n away all the fun!

Maybe, but the full version will come with a version of Maya and a bunch of other programming tools for mods and level design (3 CDs from what I read), not to mention the game itself. I would imagine they just want to demo to look its best (not get jacked with) and make sure that people will actually *buy* the full version (novel concept, I know). Should be nice though, I know I am getting it.

There's a vehicle in the demo, but you have to use a hex editor, and I'm not exactly sure how. It was on a forum, but the mod deleted all of the posts, because it violated the EULA. But the good news is, you can put the Redeemer and the Ion Painter in. smile