Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jwl812

Slow Video after SP1

Anyone experiencing slower than normal video performance after installing XP SP1? When I go to access the video properties from the control panel, everything gets real slow and jerky until I close out of properties. It didn't do that before SP1!

I have heard that you should not install Service Pack 1. It slows down your comp. I also have heard that more people have had probs. with Service Pack 1 then what they did before they installed it. I suggest that you reinstall Windows or if their is a way to uninstall SP1 do that.

I just knew SP1 was bad news. I haven't installed it on any of my comps. 8)

Quote:
I have heard that you should not install Service Pack 1. It slows down your comp. I also have heard that more people have had probs. with Service Pack 1 then what they did before they installed it. I suggest that you reinstall Windows or if their is a way to uninstall SP1 do that.

I just knew SP1 was bad news. I haven't installed it on any of my comps. 8)

Where did you hear that? All I've heard about SP1 (keep in mind that I am running 2k, sp3) is that the majority of the annoyance bugs were fixed.

*More rumors*

It is said that WinXP SP1 also update drivers without asking. Some seem to have solved it by reinstalling chipset Drivers (Ex. VIA 4in1) again along with Display Adapter Drivers (Ex. Nvidia).

My XP system is no worse after SP1 than it was before it. As for video playback, that seems fine too although I only tested with the DivX codec.