Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Laddyboy

Q3a locks in Win2k....help

Quake 3 lock at the ID logo screen. I have done a fresh install and it still does it. anyone having this problem?

366@550

TNT2 Ultra

128 mb

WD 8.4

Abit bx6 rev 2.0

Sbl value

realtek NIC

Diamond S.Express 56i

Thanks

What build of W2K?

Also, have you installed LiveWare (of whatever version) - this may the probby.

Also, what happens when you run the CPU at its "native" speed?

[This message has been edited by YuppieScum (edited 10-12-1999).]

Are you (YuppieScum) and I the only people who don't overclock their CPUs or TnT2 chips? I feel like a second citizen running my Celery at it's Indollar, I mean InDell, I mean Intel, rated 466MHz speed. And I don't even have my TnT2 overclocked...

Probably, you do overclock and I really am the only person who runs the cpu at it's rated speed...

Regards...

------------------

J. Byron Todd

Computer Consultant

byron@toddcomp.com

Todd Computer Solutions

I run my Athlons at rated speeds (well that is only because of the lack of easy overclocking), but overclock any TNT2 that comes my way and every Celeron and P!!!.

I have my P!!! 500 running at 560MHz! laugh

Brendan

rrr, double post...

[This message has been edited by bkehoe (edited 10-12-1999).]

Did u recently get a ata 66 drive? or do u havea driv eon the ata 66 controller?

what version of nvogl do u got?

everything works fine with my ata 66 drive, unless I start a opengl/d3d game.. dont ask... Iv tried everything but thats the only thing that fixed it (putting the 66 drive back on the 33 controller)

I took out all my cards other then video and did a clean install of build 2194.. still locked up MOST of the time not always mind you....

Byron - I have a pair of Celeron 300a's that I run @ 450, so you're on your own there smile

However, my old CL TNT card runs at it's stock speed, and so does my Quantum3D Obsidian (VooDoo2 SLI on a single card).

FWIW, at lot of probs seems to be as much with odd FSB steppings as anything - if you run 75 or 105 instead of 66 or 100, the PCI and AGP busses run too fast, and everything starts to fsck up.

Maybe we need to start a W2K FAQ - but it's probably a little late given the pending RTM . . .

Actually a W2K FAQ sounds like a good idea...

The first item should be W2K, Voodoo, and Q3A, the second W2K, TnT and Q3A, and the third item should be W2K, and SoundBlaster Live!

Concerning overclocking... I just don't have the time to test it out on my Celery 466... and I can't afford any great length of down time that might result from overclocking incorrectly.

I have not tried at default speed....I will though.

My build is 2160.

And No my TNT2 in not overclocked...

Thanks for the help.

Default speed did not help....

Do you think it might be Liveware!? I hear only a hissing noise thru my speaker when it lock at the ID logo.

Laddyboy-

I am having the EXACT same problem! I have:

366@550

TNT2 Vanilla

128 mb

WD 20.4

Abit bp6

Sblive value

I haven't tried up[censored] the Live drivers yet. Any luck with you?

Quote:

Do you think it might be Liveware!?

Almost certainly. Don't forget that Liveware does not currently support W2K.

You know, it would help enormously if you'd said that you'd installed Liveware to begin with...

Sorry...I just assumed that you all would remember all the problems I had getting liveware to work....(I wrote the little christmas jingle... fighting with my wife, 2 shot glasses....an so on... Sorry)

But I did get it to work....hehehe.

Then again you guy read thousands of post so if I assume I make an...ASS-(out of)- U - ME

LATOR GATOR

So, Laddy, what do I do to get it to work? Which drivers do I install? Can you help out someone with the same problem?

Thanks!

Be happy to help ya out bubba, Try the latest fix on this website and the new drivers from Creative. The livefix32 fix is on this site. Follow directions very carefully and let me know if I can help.

[This message has been edited by Laddyboy (edited 14 December 1999).]