Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tear

Setup a secure gateway.

I have installed win2k advanced server on a machine that I want to use as gateway/IIS/FTP server.

I have isntalled IIS, FTP and NAT on it and it works just fine. But my question is: How do I get it secure? What firewall suits my needs? All the other computers on the network connects to the internet thruu this gateway. Is there a firewall wich can protect my entire network? How about virus protection? I guess I should install this on every computer anyway. Anything else that I should have in my mind?

Quote:

There is also always the route of setting up a Dual NIC Linux box and using its NetConfig tool (easy to use) to make a homemade NAT "firewalling" hardware based router too.

Hey m8, can u point me in the direction to some reading and learning on this?

I will soon be the sys admin for a breif while for my company, and want to set up a secure office network, and will be using 1 box as the gateway / inet sharing

We will haev a cisco router - but got alot to learn about it, so wanted other options to assure a VERY VERY tight set up....

Linux based gateways own. Mine is a 486DX4/100 with only 32Mb RAM running Apache, PHP, mySQL, Postfix and ProFTPd all at once. When accessed from the internet apart from the fact that its on dialup you can barely tell its a 486.