Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
telthenipper

Window XP CORP and windows update?

HI Folks

I have a problem that I hope you lot can help me with.

I'm running a corp version of xp (Devils own) and wanted to upgrade to sp1. Knowing this wasn't possible with the key that I had ( the FCKGW one), I got hold of the bluelist key generator and generated a bluelisted cd key. I then installed sp1 final, this went without a problem, but now when I click on windows update, it takes me to the page and when I click on 'scan for updates' it searches and quickly counts to 100 % and says 'there are no updates availible for your computer, check back later' Is this because I'm running a corp version of windows xp and microsoft has blocked my cd key, even tho' I generated it using the bluelist key gen and sp1 installed fine?

I was under the impression that a bluelisted cd key wouldn't be blocked by MS and could still use windows update to grab the latest updates or am I completely wrong?

If this is the case is there a way around it? Making windows update work again?

Thanks in advance

TEL

ok,

1. Using illegal copies of XP and generating keys is wrong. (Gotta say it, sorry)

2. As far as I know MS is not blocking any updates to any one currently....except for SP1 which checks for the blacklisted keys.

3. Go legit and get the XP Corp or by the crappy Retail Activated ver of XP.....or even better buy Windows 2000. laugh

i have a legit copy and it does the same thing to me occasionally

but only here at work.

we got a real crappy network so i wonder if it has sunthin to do with

a net timeout. (which would be a very real possibility around here)

Most likely it's Windows Update and not your network. I see ALOT of people that have problems with Windows Update.

Have I missed something here ?

You updated XP with SP1, which basically means you have all the latest patches.

Why is it suprising that Windows Update tells you there are no updates for your computer ? You just installed all the updates available.

Wait for the next bug to be found - it shouldn't be long knowing Microsoft.

It's suprising because MS SP's take a loooonngg time to go through testing. There SHOULD be alot of SP2 updates for XP. Just like there are alot of SP4 fixes for W2K. Weeirdd.

Yes I know I'm using an illegal copy, but then again alot of people are.

Is there any way I can get windows update working again?

Before the final sp1 was released on sept 9th I had sp1 build 1102 installed and when I went to windows update it still listed media player 9 beta and .net framework as updates, but now it doesn't even list them, so it seems to me that windows update isn't working on my pc. How do I fix it?

Thanks

TEL

Yes and also another thing I've just remembered.

I applied the generated key before I installed sp1 to windows XP and went to windows update before installing sp1 final and got the same message mentioned above, it didn't even list sp1 final as a downloadable upgrade for my pc. I had to download sp1 final from other source.

So is there a way to get windows update working again?

Sorry but it's against forum policy here to discuss warez cracks or illegal copies of windows OS.

you will need to find another forum for your answer as anyone answering here will be aiding and abeting an illegal practice as you have freely admitted to using an ILLEGAL copy of windows XP.

Perhaps when you have a legal copy someone will be more than happy to help you out.

and yes I do work in Law Enforcement.

Quote:
3. Go legit and get the XP Corp or by the crappy Retail Activated ver of XP.....or even better buy Windows 2000. laugh

I'm sure he'll buy XP... If you give him your credit card number. Ever wondered why so many people don't pay for it?

BECAUSE ITS TOO FUCKING EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!

When MS get real and start charging reasonable prices for their stuff (and no, USD$330 is not a reasonable price) they might just see a portion of their piracy problem disappear.

And as for 2000, thats only good for use as drink coasters now smile

You guys kill me.

If it's too expensive don't fucking use it.

If I stole a Jaguar and said "because they charge to much as my excuse, you think the owner or the judge would buy it"

Btw it's not too expensive. I paid 143 bucks for the OEM, when I upgraded my cpu. Fucking shit games are 59 dollars now, and most programs like anything from ADOBE costs more then Windows x 3

Quote:
BECAUSE ITS TOO **** EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!

When MS get real and start charging reasonable prices for their stuff (and no, USD$330 is not a reasonable price) they might just see a portion of their piracy problem disappear.

Perhaps part of the reason Microsoft Software is so expensive to due to piracy. Food for thought, anyway. As for 2000 being used as drink coasters, I am going to disagree with you on that. Many large businesses are still running NT 4.0 on both servers and workstations.

Quote:

Funny i have totaly ditched xp at this point and I was one of the early adopters of it. Now if i am not running .NET on a machine it is win2k sp3 all the way.

Quote:
Funny i have totaly ditched xp at this point and I was one of the early adopters of it. Now if i am not running .NET on a machine it is win2k sp3 all the way.

heh, you couldn't even pay me to switch back to 2000 now. I gave up on that POS a year ago and have no intention of ever going back. 2000 is more hassle than its worth.

edit: 2000 CDs make better coasters than AOL/MSN CDs. I'd probably make a clock out of an AOL CD but for all the troubles its caused me, the best place for a 2k CD is under a hot cup of coffee > smile

Quote:
heh, you couldn't even pay me to switch back to 2000 now. I gave up on that POS a year ago and have no intention of ever going back. 2000 is more hassle than its worth.
What exactly do you mean, POS? Was it unstable on your system? Difficult to use? Please help me understand your perspective... Elaborate.

I have deployed Windows 2000 on many machines.

Still thew best OS for business workstations in an enterprise situation,

althought I prefer XP for my home machine

Oh god you don't know how mad you "justifed thieves" make me.

Wah, wah, it's too expensive so I've got every right to steel the software.

NO you haven't, for the same reason I have not got the right to walk into PC World and walk off with a GF4 video card.

Just because I want one does not give me the right to take that item.

Don't like the pricing of something?

Then don't fucking use it, it really is that simple you know.

The truth of the matter is that despite all the piracy that goes on MS have not (in real terms) increased the price of their OS's.

You chck out the upgrade prices for NT4, Win2k, WinXP - they ahve been a pretty constant for years.

"Why should I be forced to upgrade to OS such and such....."

Oh shut the fuck up, nobody held a gun to your head and told you that you had to upgrade did they?

MS are invading my privacy - then you've got nobody to blame but yourself, if you hadn't been such a thieving scum then MS wouldn't want to attempt to stop people using their software for free.

Once Windows goes subscription based you'll have nobody to balme but yourselves.

You want to make a stand, go and downlaod yourself a copy of Linux and use that instead.

Windows too expensive? Hard fucking luck, it's called life I'm afraid and just because you cannot afford to buy the latest and greatest does not make it "funny" or "alright" to steel it.

As for the original poster of this thread, go and buy it you fucking theiving scum.

As to the ever on-going Win2k Vs WinXP argument.

At home I use WinXP Professional.

I treated WinXP as another SP for Win2k.

It has nice features, never crashes, never requires a re-installation and nearly every single piece of software thrown at it works a treat.

At work we were early adoptors of Win2k, within two months of it being available I'd moved all my users over to it - brave move, but it paid off when my support calls dropped by 3/4 in a matter of a month.

I don't consider Win2k any better for the corporate environment that WinXP, it's just I cannot justify upgrading people to WinXP.

If WinXP had some "killer app" built in then I might consider it, actually for remote desktop control I almost had an argument, but that wasn't enough.

2k performs excellently, very rarely crashes etc, it's just I like the few added features of WinXP for home use.

And the feeling is mutual toward those who shit money and can afford to pay the extortionate prices MS charge for their stuff. Are you offering to buy us all legal copies? No? Then STFU.

Nothing constructive, and was posted by someone trying to steal the software. Topic closed.