Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
blackwing

Kodak DC260/Win2k/USB

I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to get my DC260 camera to work fully with WIn2k and USB. The default drivers work to the extent that the system sees the camera and the TWAIN drivers work fine. However, the mounter cannot see the camera and the mounter properties will not recognize that there is a USB option available. ;(

I saw elsewhere on this site a posting that said that the Win2k USB patch that Kodak put out for the DC240/280 works with the 260, however, it did not seem to work for me. What the note did notsay was: which base software (Kodak) version must the patch be applied against. Is it the base 260 software, the updated 260, or the 240 software (does that even work with the DC260)? ;(

If anyone has succeeded in getting this to work would you please drop me a line and tell me how you did it?

Thanks,

Howard

I gave up and just bought USB memory adapter card (Flash reader). It also doesn't drain the batteries when transferring pictures. Only $20.

Actually, my new laptop reads my compact flash just fine directly (with the little adapter card). It's just a pain to have to then transfer images over to the desktop where I do alot of my work...

Oh well. What kills me is that after THREE years, Kodak has addressed the issue in all the othe DC camera lines except the DC220/260/265.

That's okay oo because I'm almost ready to move on to a 6 megapixel camera and I can almost guarantee it won't be a Kodak.