Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
appzattak

XP SP#1 Available now, how's it treating you?

Running just dandy....really haven't noticed a difference.....but i never had any probs before XPSP1.........if you use stylexp you need to change uxtheme.dll to get it to work....I've heard there is a new version of stylexp out that works with SP1 but when i went to update it, it said " no updates available ".....

I installed it and am very sad................... frown

It broke Zone Alarm, just like Win2k SP1 did....................

But instead of it flubbing up like in 2K, this time it reboots the system, very bad........... 8)

I checked the logs and always a few secends before the reboot theres a True Vecter error, then a fatal system error, again, very bad............. ;(

And like a ding dong I didnt give option to remove it later, I just installed it, AND I shut off the system restore over the weekend cause I figured I wouldn't need it.................DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;(

I love XP SP1. One of the best rollouts of a Service pack yet. No install problems at all. I have had a few problems with a few apps not working but that is the fault of the vendors not M$. Vendors need to test their apps on RC versions before people get all mad that their OS doesnt work anymore because of API problems.

Otherwise good SP rollout smooth as silk.