Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
reversing_drive

The Best MP3-CD Burning Program?

What is the Best Cd Burning Application when it comes to burning CD to be Played in an MP3 Player.

My obvious concern is compatibilty, because i have heard some MP3 players are touchy and will not play MP3's if the filenames are to long or if Bitrate excedes 256kbps or if VBR is used ect...

What CD-Burning Program best handles all these different varibales and DO any that you have used have any nifty 8) little extras?

What are your experiences...

Cheers,

what sort of MP3/CD player do u have? i have the mpzoo and i recommend you to use Nero. Nero warns you if your filenames are too long, but it's upto u to check if your mp3 files contain a bit rate of over 256kbs.

Burning a cd rom to play in Mp3 player?

Do you mean ripping the audio to mp3?

most mp3 players dont have cd rom drives last i checked.

I use audio catalyst to rip mp3s from cd

takes 3 mins to do a whole disc or less

5 Systems

2 2.3 ghz P4s

Assorted p3s

all running XP

If you have a cd player that will play MP3 files off of a cd, then any data cd writing program will do, my personal preference is Nero, but like everything else, everyone has an opinion. If you're looking to rip/extract audio from cds, and to encode those files into MP3's, then I would recommend Audiograbber, and the LAME codec. Audiograbber is shareware, and I believe LAME is GNU. If you choose to use Windows Media Fomat (.WMA) to encode, I would personally recommend you UNCHECK the "Enable Digital Rights" box, but again, it's your choice. If you'd like to know more about digital rights, let me know... I've been researching it for some time now. Also, please do not pirate the encoded files. Thanks...

MusicMatch Jukebox. Quick, simple and have never burned a coaster using this app.

Ron, the only possible improvement in your combo, which I have used, is using the RazorLame frontend... Same 3.92 codec, and it does add a step, as you no longer encode from with exact audio copy, but easy GUI based frontend.. Offers resampling to 48KHz, 320kbps, etc.

Quote:
Ron, the only possible improvement in your combo, which I have used, is using the RazorLame frontend... Same 3.92 codec, and it does add a step, as you no longer encode from with exact audio copy, but easy GUI based frontend.. Offers resampling to 48KHz, 320kbps, etc.
I remember downloading the RazorLame frontend program a long time ago (when I discovered EAC in it's very early betas). I never installed/tried it though. Hmmm, maybe I'll give it a go smile

Nero will do the trick, but so will any other CD-R software, just burn the MP3s to a disc and then play them in your MP3 CD player. Also check out Acoustica's MP3 Burner program at www.acoustica.com