Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Edguy

40.41 det's.... only 75hz??

okay... i installed the 40.41.. from nvidias site.... on 2 systems (one with GF4 Ti4200 and one with GF2 GTS)...

so... same problem.... i can choose refreshrate as usual.. up to 100hz (all my monitor takes)... BUT... if i choose 100Hz.. my monitor still reports 75Hz.. (and it really is cause it flickers badly). modes below 75hz seems to work...

(tried with refreshratefix aswell, says 100hz everywhere.. still monitor(both) says it's 75hz)...

this goes for BOTH cards on 2 totally different systems.

otherwise everythings is fine... but i surely can't take this low refreshrate..

anyone else get this happening?

ah.. this is WinXP Pro btw..

i tried the refresh fix program or whateveer and i still get the same shit

i think nVidia made some new reg settings

i am drunk i will shut up now

Have you tried the program linked to in this thread? It did wonders for my refresh rates and it apparently works for the new Dets as well.

AlecStaar:

Well... it's in all apps.. everywhere... and im running only 800x600 and 1024x768 (17" monitor)

and.. this was before i tried the reFfix.. never use that usually.

and.. the monitor is already set to 100Hz under the monitorproperties. tried with the 'hide other modes' boxed checked and unchecked with another refreshrate selected.

If i select 85hz(which i normally run) i get 75Hz... im usually foreced to 85.. but if i uncheck it and select 100Hz... i still get 75Hz :x

it's like the drivers are totally broken over 75Hz smile

never seen this kind of behavior... :P

about that APP... i could use an app to set my refreshrates... but i shouldn't NEED to.. not like this.

oh well... i don't seem to get any more than 75Hz no matter what i try... directX and opengl all report 85 or more hz... but monitor still says 75hz... and it flickers...

talked to 2 frinds of mine and they get the same syndrome, select 85 or 100hz... but their monitors report 75hz in all resolutions..

i'll just go back to 30.82 until there's a new driver rev. out... hopefully it will be fixed...

thanks for all your suggestions smile

Four and Twenty:

Can you check on your monitor if you really get 100hz to it?

according to windows (all games and desktop and everything) it's running at 85hz.....

but still if i check the frequency settings on my monitors OSD, it says 1024x768 @ 75hz....

...and with all other detonators i've tried until now... i've never seen this...

I've got exactly the same problem!!

Geforce 4 4400, driver version 41.09, Windows XP SP1.

In display properties it says 100 Hz, but it the monitor says 75 Hz. I've tried the ReForce.exe-program, and now the only refresh rate I can select in display properties is 100 Hz, but the monitor still says 75Hz...

I CAN get it to run in 100 Hz if I use Powerstrip and manually configure it in advanced properties... But that shouldn't be necessary.... Does anyone have a solution to this…?

Well, as I said I've already have SP1, and that didn't do any good (had the same problem without it)...

And the problem isn't that I get 60Hz in games, it's that I get 75Hz EVERYWHERE!

In all resolutions below 1600x1200, I get maximum 75Hz no matter how I configure the refresh rate in display properties.

In 1600x1200 it works fine for some reason, if I set it at 85 Hz (which is what my monitor supports) I actually get 85Hz.

As I said, the only working solution I've found so far is Powerstrip, but that's shareware and it should be some other way to work this out...