Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rockowal

setup issue

I tried to do a clean install of XP pro and I got to the blue setup screen and was given 2 F-key choices on the bottom and then it started installing the files which ended in an error, STOP : c0000221 unknown Hard Error \system\system32\ntdll.dll. btw, the only thing that shows up on the setup screen is "setup" in the top left with no other options.

I guess the question/s are if I need to clear the drive prior to going into setup, since it's reading something in the files that are already on the drive or what??

I know thats a yes or no question, but could someone either send me to where to follow a guide of what to totally do or someone let me know some way or another..

Also, is that a problem why the "setup" screen is not showing anything besides the 2 F-key choices and the "setup" white print?

I have no probs with the drive other than not being able to run Quake based games, but I just wanted to do a clean install..help and thx

rockowal

Format it again in NTFS, if you have already done so. Then Do A clean install. If you are gettign errors still unplu all hardware, except video, one stick of ram, and CPU and narrow it down that way.