Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JP-

Detonator 40.41

Just thought you guys would like to know, det 40.41 is now posted on the nvidia site laugh

Not tested performance but they have a very cool control panel with some cool new options smile

thanks bud

i just clean installed .NET RC1 and i have been using the 30 someting drivers I will give the new ones a shot and see if they are any better/worse

OK well just tested em, they gave me about 700 points in 3dmark (not that anyone cares :D) but they finally give the option for Ansiotrophic filtering in Direct3D via the control panel.

What score wise? bout 11500 on a p4 2200ish with ti4400

yup, but i just noticed that if you stick the direct3d settings to 'best performance' it actually lowers settings which it didnt do before. Ive had the same effect along time ago by using riva tuner to actually manually lower settings but looks like its now doing it from the ctrl panel.

Odly the driver chrashes to the desktop when I click the ti4200 tab in the display properties advanced window, Infact it chrashes to the desktop too with the nview properties in the control panel.

Just tried to use RivaTuner to temporarily overclock my card for a 3DMark run (like everybody else seems to smile )

Anyway, warning comes up about "If you are sure the card isn't overclocked click on detect now" which I do, it then promptly unchecks the enable driver level hardware overclocking box and I cannot do anything.

Any other tools out there that do support the new drivers?

Quote:
Odly the driver chrashes to the desktop when I click the ti4200 tab in the display properties advanced window, Infact it chrashes to the desktop too with the nview properties in the control panel.

I had exactly this problem with my GF3.

All you need to do is completely uninstall the drivers via Add/Remove programs, and then reinstall them after a reboot.

That should sort you out smile

As for other tools, I've used NVRefreshTool to set my refresh rates. I must admit that I haven't tried any games since setting the resolutions, but it didn't throw up any errors.

I haven't tried any overclocking tools yet though.

Well ive had a quick play with these drivers, and have just taken a few quick screenies smile

Here is the standard driver with no tweaks at all.

http://www.btinternet.com/~m4carbine/pic2.jpg

And here is the same driver with 1x D3D ansio on.

http://www.btinternet.com/~m4carbine/pic1.jpg

Just check out the terrible filtering (or lack of) on those scales on the first pic. Maybe this is part of the increase in performance that some ppl are seeing smile

1x Ansio seems to clear it up but its off by default frown

These new drivers mess up big time when I use 3dsmax. I'll stick with the 30.x ones till the WHQL cert. is given on the new drivers and i'll try again ...

-Carl-

P.S. I was also not able to access the the nvidia display properties section as it bombed out whenever I tried to click on the nvidia tab frown Anyone else experiencing this?

nope all working fine hear. I did not notice a decrease in video quality on my machine here but i only ran a couple of timedemos and played a round of q3. I am not much of a gammer anymore due to lack of time.

Quote:

P.S. I was also not able to access the the nvidia display properties section as it bombed out whenever I tried to click on the nvidia tab frown Anyone else experiencing this?

See my post just a couple above yours for the solution smile

Well one out of two problems fixed as the nvidia properties is now working but still have the same problem with 3DSMAX with the windows desktop mirrored in the viewing windows within 3DSMAX.

Back to 30.x drivers I guess.

Anyone else have the NATURE test freeze with these Det's? It freeze's every time in 3dmark 2001. With DX8.1b and Dx9 beta 2. Just did a fresh install of 2000 AS SP3 and I experience the same thing.

No freezing but some graphical glitches with these new ones and the nature test smile

NV Refresh tool don't work. Is there a way to directly change the register with regedit? frown

There's also something else. When I run 3dmark 2001 SE it crashes to the desktop between pixel shader and pint sprites. I'm using DX8.1 windows XP geforce 2 MX. Any ideas?[/b]

Yep, the OGL ICD is FUBAR. SOF2 locks up, revert back to 31 dets and no lockup.

Good work Nvidia! laugh