Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NatakuARN

The Thing

What screen resolutions does the game have? I only can select from 1600 x 1200 upwards, no 1280 x 1024, no 1024 x 768. Strange...

side note: If you buy it at eb they are giving away The Thing on DVD even if you didnt preorder.

I run the game at 1024x768x32bit color. Preacher, do you have an LCD monitor?

I have played the first few levels and so far I am hooked. It picks up where the movie left off and captures the atmosphere of the movie well. The monsters mutate from human to Thing in real time, and you never know who is a thing and who isnt. Just as in the movie the only way to kill Things is with fire, so you have to keep the flame thrower primed and ready. It's not a FPS, its a third person action/adventure, with a little Half Life tossed in. The graphics are pretty good and are based on the Quake 3 engine. So its a mix of return to castle wolfenstein and Jedi Outcast, graphics wise.

Here are my system specs, sorry for not including them in my last post:

P3@1ghz / 256mb ram / Geforce2 MX400 64mb vid ram / SB Audigy

I am running Win2k pro with service pack 2, all the newest drivers, I have the Nvidia 29.42's not the new ones.

If anyone has further questions let me know, and not just about The Thing, I have experience with many other games as well.