Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
unkn0wn

a7v promise controller

Hey

I just recently did a test with sisoft sandra on my ata100 hdd that's on the promise controller and the score was way below what it should have been.... the burst read was only 21M/s which is very low. I have defragged the drive and scan disked it and it's still the same way... when i used to use win98 i would get the exact number that i should for the drive so i was thinking that it may be something to do with win2k.. my other drive on the via controller is ata66 and i get the same score with it... im using sp2 so the ata100 mode should be enabled... any thoughts thx

Win2k did have some known issues with hard drives, but Sandra isn't a very good benchmark when it comes to disk tests, so take those results with a grain of salt.

Try Hard Drive Tach and let us know what you get...I also have an A7V with Windows 2000. I have both of my hard drives hooked to the ATA/100 promise controller. I'm using a RAID bios and get from Sandra about what it says I should be getting.

I was going to try hdtach but on their website you need to register to get the win2k compatible version it seems... what drivers are you using with your controller cause i've tried a few different ones and get exactly the same results no matter what... also I'm using bios 1007 on my a7v that has promise bios 2.01 build 35