Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
t0ad

NO tnt2 drivers work for me ..

I have a bp6, 2 celery 366's at 550, 256 meg of ram, VERY stable machine. I use a Diamond Viper770 ultra TNT2 OC'd to 170mhz core 220mhz memory. Now, using the default win2k driver with only openGL support enabled, every runs just fine, no problems whatsoever. However when I tried all the detonator builds from 3.52 to 3.64 they all had the same result: everything that uses openGL or D3D locks up immediately. I've tried all the drivers in Half-Life and Quake 3 in both openGL and D3D, and every time it starts to change resolution it locks the whole computer up. It also locks up when starting the tests in 3DMark2000 as well as the dxdiag D3D test. Anyone with a similar setup got a way to fix this? I'd kill for a decent D3D enabled driver (hint hint nvidia). Not sure what the problem is here .. maybe the fact that i bought a generic card from a generic company. Note to everyone, don't buy anything made by Diamond Multimedia.

This may sound STOOPID, but try resetting the vid card back to it originals speeds. smile.gif Everyone else that has this cards seems to have no probs. I have the DV770 tnt2 have no probs whatsoever. Sounds like you're pussing it too much for the ****ty generic drivers that are out right now.

I have a Xentor 32 TNT2 Ultra which runs at 175 core 183 Memory and it runs fine. There are some issues with the drives, for me at least in UT. I can't say much about Q3A as I installed it and have only played it two or three times.

I had the same exact problem and narrowed it down to having the distributed.net client running in the background always caused instant lockup in D3D. So if you're running d.net or seti or something like that, try disabling it and see if that helps.

well, i tried taking the clockspeed down to the defaults with the 3.64 drivers and still no go. Well, being pretty pissed at this point i underclocked the card to 100mhz core and memory and behold .. it ran 3dmark2000. And man it was beautiful. At least, until it crashed 5 minutes later. As well as everything else crashing yet again. *sigh* ... i guess my computer just hates me =/