Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
candlestick

Confused about RC3 + Live! ...

I've got a Live! Platinum (with live drive) installed with the default driver (clean install of win2k). I'd like to get liveware3.0 installed, etc. I read the diff. posts about it, but i'm a little confused ... can someone tell me which instructions to follow with what modifications? I've got the basic wdm driver that came with 2183 installed, and the gameport ... thats it. Thanks ...

you can try getting the updated instructions from Anthony here on NTcompatible, when you do just follow these guidelines quoted from a friend of mines (RoGuE) when i asked him about liveware 3. here goes ..

"well i followed the intructions on the nt compatibility website. but i used the updated drivers from creative......its a real pain in the ass. but his instructions work real well......also in his intructions he says to run setup.exe to unpack the creative liveware 3.0, dont do that because of reasons unknown it doesnt do it right....just use winzip. his run.cmd hack works real good except you have to do it in safe mode{didnt like that}. but other than a few little things that i tried his instructions were right on the money. i wouldnt advise anyone with limited computer knowledge to try it but if your pretty puter savvy it works good. and you have to follow his instructions to the letter {except the setup exe issue} or it wont work"

any other help go here win2kbox.8m.com

chameleon kyoshiro

[This message has been edited by chameleon (edited 05 December 1999).]

I have 2183 and I've tried to install the liveware 3 and the new update from Creative, but I can't get it to work properly. Under Device Manager I have a conflict with the EMU10K1 under no plug and play hardware. It uses the same memory as the SBlive which is strange since that is a part of SBLive. I also have a conflict with EMU10K1 that says that it tries to use IRQ 9 which is not available. I followed Anthony's way of doing it, but I am "this close" to giving up. Anybody else have the same problem ?

Take the check mark out of Use automatic settings and try useing the setting based on....( you will have choices like ......

base configuration 0002. Try one of these and if you have an irq conflict still just double click the irq line and it should let you change that also.....

try installing the liveware first with the liveware 3 and use the updated drivers later. follow his directions to the letter or it wont work. believe me it took me 2 times to get it right. if you need further help just get ahold of me on icq{18411966} and ill help ya all i can..my live is working perfect and i have 4 speaker support.

Thanks for all the advice ... i'm going to try it tonight ... btw, does anyone here have cambridge soundworks speakers with their live? I called them about getting a converter for the dig. out cable that came with my speakers ... just wondering ...

i need help installing liveware 3

------------------

Edward L Hines III

The 1 and only...