Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tessx

memory errors

I find it strange to see everyone beeing able to run games like driver, rainbowsix etc on win2000 with apps like qfixapp etc. Every time I run driver or rainbowsix or most of my games exept HL I get an error message saying something like "the memory cannot be read" and a list of numbers. Ive tried for rainbow six all kind of methods and I still do get this message. ;( But I tried to start with 2k rainbowsix over a lan on a computer under ME and then i get a normal error message saying "Sorry, not compatible with nt". Why do I get all those memory error messages ? Am I the only one? nobody seems to have this problem ;(

I would just like to add that people told me to install the latest sp (thats what I'm doing right now) or remove drwatson from the registery to avoid getting these error messages. Isnt there a way of disabling drwatson withoiut the registery ?

(Sigh) Ive installed sp3 and it doesn't change anything! Please what should I do ? The error message for driver is (in french) :

L'instruction à "0x00537d7e" emploie l'adresse mémoire "0x00000001". La mémoire ne peut pas être "read".

Cliquez sur OK pour terminer....

Wich gives approx in english

The instruction @ "0x00537d7e" uses the memory adress"0x00000001". The memory cannot be "read".

Click ok to end ....

The problem might be coming from the fact that i've got an oem version of 2k. Perhaps thats de problem !?

It's not to do with it being an OEM version of the OS. I have had this problem many times with Windows 2000 and also NT 4. There doesn't seem to be any link between any of the cases. I have had the errors you mention, as well as ones stating that the memory cannot be written.

I didn't find a cure for them frown

It only happened in a few instances though. Since the upgrade to XP I haven't had any problems with those messages.

Hi...maybe it is not your case but I had a sort of problem like yours when my system ram was too aggressive configured.